Best Buy Tweet: Thunderbolt Delayed

cdunn05#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't make my word for it, read for yourself homies...

Twitter

My phone conversation in short;

[BestBuy Store 129 in Roseville C.A. : "Verizon Stores should have the phone available tomorrow (February 24). We were supposed to launch but the shipments have been delayed. It looks like we'll be ready to launch Friday March 4th! If we get our shipments (UPS) before then we will launch once they're here..." I don't make this **** up. Call 916-780-5969 and ask for yourself!]

spooluptheFTL

Banned
Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
While I don't doubt that it's been delayed, one individual Best Buy store's twitter account should not be viewed as anything but unofficial gossip in relation to the release date for a national product.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
First I don't buy any tweets from BB, more specifically from a SINGLE store's twitter account. The last time a BB store tweeted anything about the TB it was total BS. I also don't see their "exclusive nationwide retailer" not having them on the exact same day as Verizon stores. Fed Ex and UPS do work 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
HTC Thunderbolt launch has been delayed :( It looks like it may launch on Thursday, March 4th. Stay tuned for more info.

this is their tweet, but March 4th is Friday. Don't they read before they post?

cdunn05#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
HTC Thunderbolt launch has been delayed :( It looks like it may launch on Thursday, March 4th. Stay tuned for more info.

this is their tweet, but March 4th is Friday. Don't they read before they post?

I called about that and the person (nameless) said that they Best Buy mobile Supervisor accidentally put Thursday and meant Friday...

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
March 4th, 2011 right?

We're still all in the 2011 bracket right? I know it's been bumping up all the time. Hard to keep track with all these date changes.

(message not directed to OP but to vzw and bb).