There's a storm brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
@NCX

Wrong word. You are looking for "iPad."

Again, this device comes out on Friday, and to make sure people lock into VZW's iPad data plan over AT&T's, they will push hard and make it known that the VZW iPad can do various things more reliably than can AT&T's.

Simply put, VZW won't have the money or time to manage two heavy ad campaigns at the same time. They'll let the iPad 2 stuff die down before marketing and launching the T-Bolt.

Think about it another way: let's say there are 4 million people who want the T-Bolt and 2 million who want the iPad 2 from VZW. You COULD release both devices in the same time frame, resulting in stores open 24/7 for a few weeks, insanely long waiting times, and employees working triple-shifts. Then, once all the hype dies down and no new stuff gets release for four weeks or so, you have employees having trouble making enough commission because there simply aren't enough customers.

On the other hand, if you space out these two major launches reasonably, you can have a greater net impact on sales and make a more consistent profit. My hope is that since the iPad 2 is just a sequel it won't get a major launch campaign like the original did last year, allowing the T-Bolt to be released mid-next week. Until we hear otherwise from Verizon, however, chances are they may push back the T-Bolt one more week to ensure they rake in as much profit from the iPad 2 launch.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
and speaking of which, I just saw a Verizon LTE ad on Hulu, it starts out with a kid puting a quarter into a bubble gum ball machine and it starts dispensing all the gumballs with just that one coin, then it quickly goes to "4G... LTE.... Verizon 4G LTE is here!"

Verizon has (had?) a bunch of this style LTE commercials on their youtube channel. Some are actually pretty funny. That's about as much of a compliment as they'll get from me though. :p

NCX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
@NCX

Wrong word. You are looking for "iPad."

Again, this device comes out on Friday, and to make sure people lock into VZW's iPad data plan over AT&T's, they will push hard and make it known that the VZW iPad can do various things more reliably than can AT&T's.

Simply put, VZW won't have the money or time to manage two heavy ad campaigns at the same time. They'll let the iPad 2 stuff die down before marketing and launching the T-Bolt.

Think about it another way: let's say there are 4 million people who want the T-Bolt and 2 million who want the iPad 2 from VZW. You COULD release both devices in the same time frame, resulting in stores open 24/7 for a few weeks, insanely long waiting times, and employees working triple-shifts. Then, once all the hype dies down and no new stuff gets release for four weeks or so, you have employees having trouble making enough commission because there simply aren't enough customers.

On the other hand, if you space out these two major launches reasonably, you can have a greater net impact on sales and make a more consistent profit. My hope is that since the iPad 2 is just a sequel it won't get a major launch campaign like the original did last year, allowing the T-Bolt to be released mid-next week. Until we hear otherwise from Verizon, however, chances are they may push back the T-Bolt one more week to ensure they rake in as much profit from the iPad 2 launch.

What ad campaign? the eyesore commercial of the guy trying to power the ThunderBolt with lightning on the roof?

HTC's been doing the advertising, Verizon has only showed one legitimate ad
all the others are HTC's, and there tons better. (that includes the internet ads)

No one said about anything about it releasing the same week as the iPad, who gives a flying $%^&, WE already knew it wasn't
this entire forum minus a few pessimists are all in rage mode today after that conference call webcast because of what was said
and it all but confirms Verizon's stance on its support, and thats the iPhone, everytime they mentioned or had an LTE question, they always mentioned iPhone in the same sentance.

they barely mentioned the iPad, we also know from BMX that Verizon invested millions into 3G tower upgrades just for the Iphone and that resulted in losing half of the network team just to tune it for the iPhone launch, resulting in the last minute LTE issues, which are NOW fixed and have been for a while.

When you guys think about issues, your thinking about them as if they happened last week, these devices were tested and setup to be sold/announced months in advance. You need all need to think from a business standpoint/retail standpoint. Things are done well in advance.

Last edited:

jkemp63288

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I think im ready to forget that the Thunderbolt ever existed and move on!! I currently have a blackberry whick is on its last leg. I dont care which carrier it is but what are your opinions on a new phone for me? Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member