Thunderbolt Meme

abot

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Lets all agree to end this internet meme.

Please stop saying that the TB is delayed.

The Thunderbolt is not delayed because Verizon NEVER announced a release date.

The only thing that WE CAN hold Verizon responsible for is that they said the phone will be released in Q1. Q1 ends on March 31st. Today is March 4th.

After March 31st you can say the phone is delayed. Everyone needs to chill before then.

green77

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

The only thing that WE CAN hold Verizon responsible for is that they said the phone will be released in Q1. Q1 ends on March 31st. Today is March 4th.

After March 31st you can say the phone is delayed. Everyone needs to chill before then.

OHHH OK

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Not true.
Verizon Told Best Buy Feb 14 was the date. That's why Best Buy ad Ad that day.

Reactions: Koato

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Commercial released on the official Verizon Wireless YouTube channel said "febrero" at the end. It was pulled after a day.

You can say there was no official press announcement and you would be right. However, when you release a date (or a month) to the world and that passes without any change, we have every right to use the word "delayed". End of story.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Not to be mean, but there was really no point in posting this. I along with many others have stated this in other threads and nobody cares or provides the February 14th 'leak' as a supposed solid date even though it was only internal (if it was mentioned at all) and that it wasn't for the market to know about.

Reactions: deltwalrus

KingChicago

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Verizon itself has used the terminology "delayed". Also, this isn't a meme. The closest thing to a meme in this topic is.....CUPHOLDER!?!?!?

magisternautaque

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
BTW, I believe the Q1 thing is a myth. Can anyone find any official word of the Thunderbolt in the first quarter of 2011?

Just going from memory, Verizon, at CES, promised the 4 LTE phones and two tablets in the first half of 2011. Then the woman on stage said, "with some coming as early as March."

On the other hand, there's no way that Best Buy, Amazon and a host of makers of displays, dummy phones, and accessories all pulled the 2/14 date out of their wazoos.

And I've seen two commercials (on youtube, not on tv) that ended with the word February.

But the Q1 myth is something i've seen repeated on forums and blogs thousands of times. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
BTW, I believe the Q1 thing is a myth. Can anyone find any official word of the Thunderbolt in the first quarter of 2011?

Just going from memory, Verizon, at CES, promised the 4 LTE phones and two tablets in the first half of 2011. Then the woman on stage said, "with some coming as early as March."

On the other hand, there's no way that Best Buy, Amazon and a host of makers of displays, dummy phones, and accessories all pulled the 2/14 date out of their wazoos.

And I've seen two commercials (on youtube, not on tv) that ended with the word February.

But the Q1 myth is something i've seen repeated on forums and blogs thousands of times. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

From Verizon's official press release for 4G at CES- 1/6/11

"At a news conference at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) today, Verizon Wireless announced a suite of 10 forthcoming 4G LTE devices ? including smartphones from HTC, LG, Motorola and Samsung; tablets from Motorola and Samsung; a MiFi from Novatel Wireless and a mobile hotspot from Samsung; and two notebooks from HP ? which will transform the wireless experience and offer consumers new ways to connect and share their lives at blazingly fast speeds. Verizon expects these consumer-oriented devices to be available by mid-2011, with some available as early as March 2011."

Seems to me they intended to get one device out by March.

magisternautaque

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
From Verizon's official press release for 4G at CES- 1/6/11

"At a news conference at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) today, Verizon Wireless announced a suite of 10 forthcoming 4G LTE devices ? including smartphones from HTC, LG, Motorola and Samsung; tablets from Motorola and Samsung; a MiFi from Novatel Wireless and a mobile hotspot from Samsung; and two notebooks from HP ? which will transform the wireless experience and offer consumers new ways to connect and share their lives at blazingly fast speeds. Verizon expects these consumer-oriented devices to be available by mid-2011, with some available as early as March 2011."

Seems to me they intended to get one device out by March.

So the press release says exactly what I remembered?

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed as DELAYED by VZW right here:

thunderbolt-delay.jpg

Thunderbolt Launch Delayed by Verizon, 4G Mobile Hotspot as Well? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

that pic/article was posted on Feb 8th.

Reactions: Slapnpop826