Talk & Text plus Data and Alltel Smartpak customers

drew66

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Can I add new line for $10/Month and move the TB to an existing line that already has a data and voice plan and still get the TB for $249?

drew66

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
OK. I'll answer my own question. I have a Family plan I can add a line with data and get the promotional price for a TB. Then when I get the phone I can activate it on a different line and cancel the data on the new line without any penalty. So $319 + $120 = $449... not bad.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
would ordering through Amazon screw up the Talk and Text Plus Data promo? I imagine it would. Could this be fixed by the fine folks in the promo dept afterwards??

KrazyRogue

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Hey Jtron, what number would we have to call in case the promotional feature drops off. Do we call regular customer service (611), or the promotional department # that signed us up for the deal in the first place? Thanks for all your help.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jtron, what number would we have to call in case the promotional feature drops off. Do we call regular customer service (611), or the promotional department # that signed us up for the deal in the first place? Thanks for all your help.

I would definitely call the promo dept number. My promo dropped off and I called *611 and the CSR screwed up my account worse than it was originally. Took another week before I got it all cleaned up after calling the promo dept.

aalley218

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
OK. I'll answer my own question. I have a Family plan I can add a line with data and get the promotional price for a TB. Then when I get the phone I can activate it on a different line and cancel the data on the new line without any penalty. So $319 + $120 = $449... not bad.

Hey there... I work for VZW retail corporate sales. As long as you have a feature phone that we can add on to the new line, we would be more than happy to add a new line for you to get the TB and then move it to your current line.

Generalg

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
well I just tried to go snag a TBolt. The stupid verizon rep told me that I had to change to a Verizon plan and it would be over $40 more a month from what I have now.

I currently have the Alltel Smartpack 500 with unlimitted txt and data....

WTF

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got the phone and checked the account. My $20 data discount is still there so I'm happy. Apparently the nice lady from the promo department that I called yesterday was correct when she said they had the kinks worked out after the iPhone launch. :D I'm glad for once the iPhone drones could be guinea pigs.

skipfreely

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Just got the phone and checked the account. My $20 data discount is still there so I'm happy. Apparently the nice lady from the promo department that I called yesterday was correct when she said they had the kinks worked out after the iPhone launch. :D I'm glad for once the iPhone drones could be guinea pigs.
The receipt provided showed my $20 data discount when I checked out this morn.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Online ordering doesn't show promos but the telesales woman said it won't remove it. She has a note to call me on Tuesday to check with my account after I've got the phone.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Activated the phone on my primary line (ordered from verizonwireless.com), and of course, the $20 data promo is gone.

On Monday, I have another TB coming from Amazon for a secondary line. I imagine that will drop off as well :(

Gonna call on Monday afternoon/evening, hopefully they can get it restored.

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
just to follow up from my previous post. i called 611 and asked if my unlimited talk/text/data would apply to TB and they said no due to my current plan was the "family connect" plan and it was not used for smartphone. now, at the time we were using the LG Voyager and then one phone broke and it was replaced with the Envy2.

so, the question is: was the Rep correct in changing my plan to the current data plan for the Bolt? according to the Rep, the newer data plan would work for the Bolt and my old plan wouldn't.

i'm not tech savvy so i'd believe whatever they would say.

psycho_maniac

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
can a vzw rep from here talk to me? i think somehow i got screwed into a 2 year contract, but was too excited getting the phone to ask why this happened.

Ketchy311

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I did just this exact thing with no problem. I have the Alltel Smartpack 500 where the first line is $80 and the second line is $40. Includes 500 min, 10 Friends & Family, Unlimited data and text for both lines. Added the Thunderbolt to this plan (replacing a Droid) with no problems.

well I just tried to go snag a TBolt. The stupid verizon rep told me that I had to change to a Verizon plan and it would be over $40 more a month from what I have now.

I currently have the Alltel Smartpack 500 with unlimitted txt and data....

WTF