Problems with Slingplayer and iSyncr...

dutchbrown

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
first of all, LOVE THIS PHONE. Fast as hell, big beautiful screen and great interface.

With that out of the way, two programs that I had on my old phone (and network)... the G2... that worked just fine were slingplayer and isyncr. Can't get either one of them to work either through the network or wifi (and on wifi at home, it was accessing the exact same router and side-by-side my G2 could access my slingbox and my Thunderbolt can't.)

With iSyncr wifi, I always had trouble with the G2 unless I configured the ip and port manually. Even doing that it times out on the 'bolt.

Thoughts on whether this is just a temporary incompatibility of the latest slingplayer release (and iSyncr for that matter) or if there's something I'm missing in the settings that wasn't needed on the G2?

Thanks in advance...

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
With slingbox, it could be that the device isn't recognized and isn't allowed to connect.

Is iSyncr a thing for connecting to iTunes?

dutchbrown

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, isyncr is an itunes playlist sync app. There may be something better out there but a few months ago it's what I picked and set up my home computer on to work with my G2...

re: slingplayer, assuming if it's not recognizing the device that that's just a release by the app to fix?

Fronc

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Slingplayer 1.2 works for me, though the resolution is miserable. It seems to cap the stream at 1024kbps.. hoping they open up the throttle a bit soon.

Try turning off FastBoot or uninstall/reinstall. I'm having no issues. Make sure your slingbox is configured for internet viewing, also.

dutchbrown

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Figured out the slingplayer issue. Apparently due to me having 2 routers connected to my slingbox (well, actually one router, but my internet modem was acting as a second one) I run into a porting issue that CAN cause issues, but it only impacts certain devices using slingplayer mobile (and slingcatcher). So, my G2 worked but not the Thunderbolt. When I reconfigured my home network to run the slingbox right off the modem via a switch and completely reset my slingbox and re-established internet viewing, it now works fine.

Thanks for the confirmation that others were getting it to work, otherwise I may have spent my time waiting for the new app revision rather than fixing my network config.

ndngq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you have slingbox hd pro or solo? Because i know ipad only works with those two and i will be donloading mine on my TB tom to see if it works. I wonder if google or sling will refund us if it doesnt work on tb

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have slingbox hd pro or solo? Because i know ipad only works with those two and i will be donloading mine on my TB tom to see if it works. I wonder if google or sling will refund us if it doesnt work on tb

Those are the only two versions of slingbox that work with any mobile device

the old model slingboxes are not compatible regardless of its on an ipad/iphone/android

garyhesq1

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Those are the only two versions of slingbox that work with any mobile device

the old model slingboxes are not compatible regardless of its on an ipad/iphone/android

My old first design Classic works fine. I get an "incompatible device" message when I fire it up but hitting the ok button lets it connect and play.

Reactions: empinball

dutchbrown

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

I have the HD solo... seems to be working fine now that I removed the 2nd router. I do remember a note in the setup that included iphone and ipad in the list of devices that may not work with that setup.

Tiptopdrop

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
You have 15 minutes to uninstall an asp and request a refund.

You only have 15 minutes to get an automated refund.

You can always e-mail the company and ask for a refund. I'm sure most aren't out to get you on the 15 minutes and would give you a refund if requested in a reasonable amount of time.

MsGadget13

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I've used Slingbox Pro, not HD on my Fascinate since September. We just now bought the HD and it works great too. Tried to buy the TB but the store was out... Hope they get a new shipment soon.

Glad to know Slingbox works!

MsGadget

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo