Pictures in Gallery Disappear Then Return

garyhesq1

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I found my first bug today. I popped off 4 pics this morning and looked at them in the Gallery. Uploaded 1 to Facebook and sent another VIA TXT. A short time later I opened up the Gallery to look at the pics and the 4 I took this morning were gone!

I just tried it again. Took a pic. Rebooted to be safe. Opened the Gallery. When the Gallery opened it shows how many pics are in each group. I saw the number count on my camera shots go from 253 to 252. I looked in the camera shots folder and the pic I just took was gone. I closed the Gallery and reopened it. The count went from 252 to 256 and the 4 pics I took this morning were back! But, the one I just took to test with was still MIA. I can't get it back. I looked in the All Photos folder and it's not there either. Weird..

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had similar experiences where I snap a photo with the stock camera, it shows in a preview window but when I go to the gallery the photo is nowhere to be found. Had another instance where I snapped a photo, tapped share and uploaded to facebook. Then when I went to the gallery on the phone that photo I just uploaded does not appear. What the heck is going on?

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I believe this is due to the way the system handles deletion of folders. For example if I delete something gallery I can do a search on Astro and I'll still see the files. I'd clear our the thumbnails folder on your SD card and you should be okay.

Reactions: tjubb

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I believe this is due to the way the system handles deletion of folders. For example if I delete something gallery I can do a search on Astro and I'll still see the files. I'd clear our the thumbnails folder on your SD card and you should be okay.

Cool tip! Thanks! That worked. Hope I don't have to do that often.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
You shouldn't have to, it's just the way Android handles deletions. They go to a folder called .Trash, they should clear out fairly frequently.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
AHHHH If you take a picture and immediately upload it to Facebook it's not saved to the device. However I think the reason for your delay is the app scans the folders upon open, if it's already open and running in the background(you back out then immediately reopen it) it won't show up.

Wickee

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've actually had this happen to me, without even sharing. I took two pictures yesterday morning and had opened them later that day to show them to someone from the gallery. This morning, tried to show them to someone again, and they're gone. No sharing through Facebook, Twitter, even email. The only thing I did with them was open them from the gallery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2