Day 4 with Thunderbolt

Droid38

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I swear I started getting better battery life last night and today. I had decided to take it back but I am pretty happy with the battery vs usage that I am getting starting last night and this morning so far. Anybody else noticed a vast improvment?

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I've yet to have a serious issue with battery life. Is it stellar no, but can I get through the day with moderate use? Yes. Even when/if I have an issue I have a charger handy. Plus at this point who doesn't have a micro usb charger in their house these days?

stvlg1

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine since the 18th. I noticed the same thing yesterday. I unplugged at 7am went to work. Made a few calls, connected my blue tooth car kit for work travel, texted, emailed, surfed a little and even played a card game for about 30 minutes at lunch. At 9pm I still had 50% battery life.
I am using Wifi more when I am at work and home. I have my screen turned down to 25%. I do not have Friend Stream running. I will try the same routine to see if I get similar results.

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Phone is so smart, it automatically adjusts to get better battery life. Soon, the phones will take over the world. Well, maybe not ;)

Mine is getting better also.

anon(5316299)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It's all about screen and 4g. It can update mail, friendstream, and news till the cows come home...on WiFi. Keep screen brightness down, and we will be fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
These batteries will improve a little over time as they go through the charging cycle. You won't see any huge improvements but will get better from day 1. The first day for me was really bad but its now looking like I can go 12 hours with somewhat heavy use. I'm also using the Seidio 1600 and right now is on par with my Dinc using the 1750.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
These batteries will improve a little over time as they go through the charging cycle. You won't see any huge improvements but will get better from day 1. The first day for me was really bad but its now looking like I can go 12 hours with somewhat heavy use. I'm also using the Seidio 1600 and right now is on par with my Dinc using the 1750.

Where did you get the replacement battery? I'm thinking of maybe picking one up.

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday was the longest my phone lasted. Left for work at 7:45am and my phone hit 15% last night around 10:30pm.

I was texting, using TweetDeck, Facebook, downloading apps, playing words with friends, and talked on the phone for 10-15 minutes. I'd say that's pretty good battery life for the day.

krazy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

What would you say the battery increase is from the stock TB battery to the Seidio 1600? The stock TB battery is 1400, right? So since 1600 is 14.29% more than 1400 would you expect (around) 14.29% more life or is that too simplistic?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Where did you get the replacement battery? I'm thinking of maybe picking one up.

I picked it up from Seidio a week before I got my phone knowing I would need the extra juice.

I can't really compare between the 1600 and stock since I haven't used the stock one that much. Just looking at the battery size 1400/1600 it should give you somewhere under 15% more battery life and for my use (12 hour life/moderate to heavy use) I should be getting another hour and a half.

Reactions: RetiredJedi

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com

You can get one HERE for $50. I amreally really interesed in it too but I am waiting for a good review compared to the stock battery. I won't pay 50bux just to get a few more minutes on it. 1hr to 1 1/2hr extra time would push me a little more to getting it though.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea why but I've started getting very nice battery life. Went from 8 hours previously to 16 hours yesterday with moderate use. I even have everything turned on plus all apps syncing and brightness at 100%. I was going to get the big extended battery but will now probably just get the 1600 seido and call it good. :)

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My battery's been totally fine as well. Unplugged at 7:30am yesterday, heavy use all day long, hit 15% at 6pm. But with GPS on, downloading apps, etc.
Screen brightness is down, but I actually prefer it that way.

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Is there a battery currently on market safe to use with the thunderbolt that: 1) has a better MaH than the current stock battery, and 2) can fit in the stock battery slot of the phone. I see the 1600mah would but I think I would want something with a little more milli amps

taygo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just worry if I made a good choice. It is my first smart phone. So when I started to notice my battery would be down a bar in no time flat was worried. I think it is the fear of being stuck with a phone that will die a lot for 2 years LOL.....

also what is "battery cycle"
Is it where you run the battery down all the way, than power it up all the way? Will that help?

jfoofoo#AC

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The battery life was fine for me over the weekend and yesterday when I stayed at home. I am guess my office is on the edge of 3g and 4g and due to the building design there are areas I do not get any signal or very weak signal. The phone is running warm even when not in use and the battery is draining rather quickly. Yesterday when I was at home, (Full bar 3G all day) I had close to 50% of the charge after 14 hours of light use for email, facebook, twitter etc. Today about the same useage and I am already at 50% by noon. I can only imaging this is due to the phone constantly switching 3g to 4g all day long. Really hope a toggle option soon.

otap

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I had good battery life on Sunday and was pleased. However, for some reason i got horrible battery life yesterday and today is not looking good. Unplugged it at 7:30am, I played some games for 30 minutes, checked email, downloaded a couple of apps, and had a short phone call. After 4 hours, the battery is 68%. Hoping it'll last me through the day. I've got all the settings on as suggested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non