notification tone selection

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
This might be elementary to some or most here, and I have been able to do this easily on both my X and my Fascinate but I can't seem to get it done on my TB. I have a few song clips (MP3s) that I use for ringtones, notifications, etc. I'm trying to get a specific tone for my email notification on Gmail but I can't get it to show in the list of tones and I don't see any other way to pick MY tone over those listed. Any helpful suggestions?

Thanks!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
All ringtones should be on your SD card and they should be located in a Media/Ringtones folder (ie. D:\Media\Ringtones )

After they have been put in that folder you should disconnect your device from your PC so you device can scan all these ringtones.

Is that what you are doing?

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Nope. But I will now that you suggested it! :p

Thanks!

** Strange that none of the other tones are in any folder. Just on my SD card. Also, then I go to MEDIA folder there is only an AUDIO folder... no RINGTONE folder.

All ringtones should be on your SD card and they should be located in a Media/Ringtones folder (ie. D:\Media\Ringtones )

After they have been put in that folder you should disconnect your device from your PC so you device can scan all these ringtones.

Is that what you are doing?

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
You have to create the folder. I had to add a ringtone and notifications folder (actually, facebook had added the notifications folder when it installed). I put my ringtones in the ringtone folder and the ones i want to use for texts, email, etc i copy into the notifications.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
OK, so to make sure I get this right. Is it:

MEDIA >AUDIO >RINGTONE

OR

MEDIA >RINGTONE

Thanks again for everyone's help.

You have to create the folder. I had to add a ringtone and notifications folder (actually, facebook had added the notifications folder when it installed). I put my ringtones in the ringtone folder and the ones i want to use for texts, email, etc i copy into the notifications.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't seem to be working for me. I have the following:

MEDIA > AUDIO > then I have NOTIFICATION and RINGTONES folders

Still doesn't show.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to all. I was able to get it to work. I just dropped the MP3 file into the notifications folder and it went through.

Thanks again and have a great night all!

djcyph

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
i got a similar question...is there no way to set a notification sound for FB in Friend Stream...there is an option for twitter but i cant find any for FB

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll say it again... a little slower... Ringtones go in the Media\Ringtones folder.
Why is it that I have been able to use mine in the sdcard/Download folder as well a in a folder I made called sdcard/ringtones? Didn't seem to make any difference where I put them. The OS found them in both locations and I was able to set them up and use them as ringtones. One was ".mid" and one was ".wma".

-Frank