Just got my Tbolt. Activating question

steelcurtain11

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Just got my thunderbolt, I turned it on and went through setting up my account but it said it couldnt activate and was having trouble. So I called verizon and the guy tried doing some stuff but none of it worked, so he just said there is a known issue that it could take up to 30min. I have it turned on now, with just at the lock screen where it shows the sim card with a ! in it, saying please wait while your phone is activating.

About how long should I wait for this to kick through and finish setting up the google and contact stuff?

Edit: woo.. just got a 3g signal, still says activating though after about 15-20min

Last edited:

steelcurtain11

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I never got a little sheet with a number. I got it from amazon and it just said to go to their activation site, but all they said on there was insert the sim,turn it on, and let it activate

it was an upgrade phone if that matters.

Just read a post about that number, I wonder if that verizon rep already did that for me or if I should try doing it myself? It says its still activating

Last edited:

steelcurtain11

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if I just shut the phone down while it still says activating and remove the sim to call that number it'll work? Or will I still have to wait hours after I call that number?.. I don't want to start over from the beginning

steelcurtain11

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
a reset did the trick, now i just need to get the text messaging figured out. problems of people not getting them or seeing a weird number (did a battery pull) so hopefully that works

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89