Lloyd is the stock Sense wallpaper?

dcviper

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
So, I collected new Thunderbolt from FedEx (go figure, the one damn time they show up before 4PM >.<) and took it over to the Verizon store to get activated. No sooner had the nice lady done that, and handed me my new wondergizmo, that I looked at the screen and saw our favorite green guy with his arms crossed looking at me like "F^*( You, I *know* I'm awesome". Weird, huh? I have no idea how this could have happened. The only other Android device I own is a GTab, and I don't have Lloyd on there.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
So, I collected new Thunderbolt from FedEx (go figure, the one damn time they show up before 4PM >.<) and took it over to the Verizon store to get activated. No sooner had the nice lady done that, and handed me my new wondergizmo, that I looked at the screen and saw our favorite green guy with his arms crossed looking at me like "F^*( You, I *know* I'm awesome". Weird, huh? I have no idea how this could have happened. The only other Android device I own is a GTab, and I don't have Lloyd on there.

If you have your Gmail account backed up through Google, it will keep the settings you had made previously. Did you have another Android based phone previously? It's either that or you got a used phone...one or the other.

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
that is the coolest story I have ever heard, and i'm serious. i am guessing it's the gmail account. have you had an android phone before?

ua7aspec

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
mine had lloyd on it, too. it was on my previous phone, so that's probably how he ended up on there when I first got the phone..lol

dcviper

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
The only other device I own is a Galaxy Tab. The phone this replaced was a Blackberry Storm 2. The background on the Tab right now is the live wallpaper from Gingerbread. I've never had Lloyd on the Team because of scaling issues.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
The only other device I own is a Galaxy Tab. The phone this replaced was a Blackberry Storm 2. The background on the Tab right now is the live wallpaper from Gingerbread. I've never had Lloyd on the Team because of scaling issues.

now i'm a little scared...

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Could this mean it is a refurb device that they are passing off as new?!?! look for anything on the phone that could mean someone else had it. Look in the SD card for files or some trail of data left by other apps, something.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The Warm Z ROM for the Incredible has Lloyd in the HTC Wall Papers too, I assumed it was put there by the ROM dev, but it was a port of the Desire Z and both the TBolt and the Z have Sense 2...

Phil... I think Lloyd might be moonlighting! ;)

Last edited:

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I it were refurbished the last thing they would have done before repackaging it is restore to factory settings. It's more likely to be a little Easter egg and few people get.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk

dcviper

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Could this mean it is a refurb device that they are passing off as new?!?! look for anything on the phone that could mean someone else had it. Look in the SD card for files or some trail of data left by other apps, something.

I certainly hope not. I can see a dodgy non-corporate store doing that, but I bought this off the website (online-only upgrade), and took it to the store to activate. (Yes, I could have done it at home, but I had to drive up to Salisbury to get the thing from FedEx, and I didn't feel like driving all the way home and then activating it.)

dcviper

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
looks like someone had their dirty sausages on your phone before you!

Ewww, I feel violated. If they were gonna mess with my phone, the least they could have done was put Launcher Pro and Swype and save me the hassle :p

So, after factory reseting my handset at Verizons behest, Lloyd is *still* the wallpaper that comes up after I sign into my account. But the stock Sense wallpaper is what comes up before you run setup. So there must be something with my gmail account, but wouldn't that then cause my Galaxy Tab to have the same wallpaper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa