The new norm?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
So, I have a pair of F³s that I've been using for the couple of weeks that I've had them. At first the F³ was the new neat and exciting novelty. Its still those things. I had an F and an F² so I'm familiar with the form factor. Yet, somehow without my intent the F³ has just turned into an everyday tool that I should have had long ago. Having the larger screen at my disposal or the slimmer display when that's all that's needed seems like the way it should have always been. Weird right? It's hard to articulate but I feel like I've just grown into this device and it satisfies in a way that even an S21 Ultra can't for me anymore. It's not huge and cumbersome like an iPad/iPad Pro but gives me the larger screen that I need. ...and it's easy to take along unlike the big iPads (and Samsung clones).

Is it perfect? Not even close. The battery life leaves so much to desired (IMO) that I bought a second F³ to swap in half the time. ...however this foldable phone has made a case for itself that I was not anticipating. I feel like I'm now spoiled and the regular large candy bar phone may not cut it.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you're happy with your new folding phones. I still have not played with one, but it looks interesting.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Same here i like what Samsung done with the fold as first time buyer and will look forward how they improve it from the Fold 3 and keep up with great trade in program.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Same here i like what Samsung done with the fold as first time buyer and will look forward how they improve it from the Fold 3 and keep up with great trade in program.
Running 2 apps side by side is much nicer than the typical over and under of a conventional device. Also email and text app layouts are much better on the big screen.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Totally agree with you insight on the Fold3.

I like it that much I decided to sell on my Note 20 Ultra and I haven't missed it.

This is my first Fold phone and I can see it not being the last !

Split screen on the Note 20 Ultra was ok but due to screen size it all seemed a little too cramped so I kind of gave up on that.

Now on the Fold 3 I've not stopped using split screen and multi tasking.

It's a joy to use.

In my own personal experience the phone lasts a day but that's probably because I'm working so catch up in my lunch break, and if I do need a power boost at any point j carry round a lightweight power bank.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So, I have a pair of F³s that I've been using for the couple of weeks that I've had them. At first the F³ was the new neat and exciting novelty. Its still those things. I had an F and an F² so I'm familiar with the form factor. Yet, somehow without my intent the F³ has just turned into an everyday tool that I should have had long ago. Having the larger screen at my disposal or the slimmer display when that's all that's needed seems like the way it should have always been. Weird right? It's hard to articulate but I feel like I've just grown into this device and it satisfies in a way that even an S21 Ultra can't for me anymore. It's not huge and cumbersome like an iPad/iPad Pro but gives me the larger screen that I need. ...and it's easy to take along unlike the big iPads (and Samsung clones).

Is it perfect? Not even close. The battery life leaves so much to desired (IMO) that I bought a second F³ to swap in half the time. ...however this foldable phone has made a case for itself that I was not anticipating. I feel like I'm now spoiled and the regular large candy bar phone may not cut it.
Perfectly said. The front screen is manageable one handed for on the go usage, and the big screen is there when you want it. Things are laid out a lot better in certain apps also.

And let's not forget that umder screen camera, I love not seeing that black hole. I could care less about that camera, but since people love their selfies I had to put up with it, not now. This is a good compromise. I never notice anything there now, like a whole screen.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Perfectly said. The front screen is manageable one handed for on the go usage, and the big screen is there when you want it. Things are laid out a lot better in certain apps also.

And let's not forget that umder screen camera, I love not seeing that black hole. I could care less about that camera, but since people love their selfies I had to put up with it, not now. This is a good compromise. I never notice anything there now, like a whole screen.
Thanks for the feedback all. I do not take selfies often unless the other half wants to pop in and take one and the under display camera is mostly used for face unlock. Using split-screen is indeed a joy. It's easier and more enjoyable to be productive on the Fold and I do look forward to the watching it evolve. If we ever get dust resistance that'd be nice for peace of mind but right now it's just an excuse for me to have another cheaper device for those workout and utility scenarios.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Totally agree with you insight on the Fold3.

I like it that much I decided to sell on my Note 20 Ultra and I haven't missed it.

This is my first Fold phone and I can see it not being the last !

Split screen on the Note 20 Ultra was ok but due to screen size it all seemed a little too cramped so I kind of gave up on that.

Now on the Fold 3 I've not stopped using split screen and multi tasking.

It's a joy to use.

In my own personal experience the phone lasts a day but that's probably because I'm working so catch up in my lunch break, and if I do need a power boost at any point j carry round a lightweight power bank.
Yup....rarely used split screen on traditional devices.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Like I said before, once you start the Fold, it's hard to go back to a regular phone. The bundle is well done, use it when you want. Unless something coming out will make this Fold obsolete. We will eventually see Pull out screen to whatever size they decide is when I'll be switching. :)

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I just created a bixby routine to change the orientation to auto when unfolded. This works even for calls and apps screen. Now is the great use for my kickstand case to keep ZF3 unfolded on my work desk. Why didn't I think of this earlier? 🤔 🙂

Attachments

• 23420.jpg
    23420.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 85

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I just created a bixby routine to change the orientation to auto when unfolded. This works even for calls and apps screen. Now is the great use for my kickstand case to keep ZF3 unfolded on my work desk. Why didn't I think of this earlier? 🤔 🙂

Very clever. I want to try this, but at the same time I'm afraid this will unleash the beast (Bixby). I traditionally keep Bixby and anything it wants to do completely shut down.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Very clever. I want to try this, but at the same time I'm afraid this will unleash the beast (Bixby). I traditionally keep Bixby and anything it wants to do completely shut down.

Don't worry Bixby routines will not unleash the Bixby beast 😉

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I just created a bixby routine to change the orientation to auto when unfolded. This works even for calls and apps screen. Now is the great use for my kickstand case to keep ZF3 unfolded on my work desk. Why didn't I think of this earlier?
THANK YOU!

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I saw another idea where you can create a routine to charge the phone at the slowest rate during the night once you place the phone on your charger as you go to bed. Doing this can help preserve battery life and performance and if I'm officially going to bed, I don't mind letting the device take extra time to fully charge.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I saw another idea where you can create a routine to charge the phone at the slowest rate during the night once you place the phone on your charger as you go to bed. Doing this can help preserve battery life and performance and if I'm officially going to bed, I don't mind letting the device take extra time to fully charge.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali