WiFi not Connecting

Seba617

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I got a TB on launch day and it has been great to me. I noticed that the top corner of the screen was starting to come loose so I went back to Best Buy and had them exchange it for a new one. I came in to work today and tried to connect to my WiFi here and it wont connect at all. I NEVER had a problem with my first TB. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I already tried a hard reset. Or am I going to have to go back to Best Buy today after work and get another one? Thanks everyone.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Kind of a dumb question, but is the router secure or open??? Do you need a code before you access it??? Your new device might not have the code.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
try fixr in the market.

my brother in law couldn't c onnect to our home network, even though several others of us could, and finally went looking for an answer on a Captivate forum. downloaded Fixr, tried it for his Captivate (has known issues of not connecting to WiFi spots) and it worked. didn't have to reset his phone or anything.

it's free, and took about 5 seconds to run the app--then boom it worked & he was on the net.

Seba617

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
1. No it does not have any PW. It is an open network.

2. I just tried that 2 times and it still doesn't work.

It tries to connect and it gets to "obtaining address" and then it tries from the beginning again and when it gets to that it pauses and then starts again.

Seba617

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
No, I never rooted the first one. I used it at work the day after I bought it and it worked perfectly fine and then today the new one doesnt work. I asked a few co-workers if theirs was working hoping it was a network issue and everyones is connecting perfectly its just mine having an issue.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problems....Today my internet was down off and on for some reason, and I used my mobile hotspot for a few. Then when my cable connection started to work. I'm now not able to connect to wifi.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Something good to try every once in a while is to reboot your router... by reboot I mean unplug it for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and wait for it to boot up (usually 1-2 minutes).

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Something good to try every once in a while is to reboot your router... by reboot I mean unplug it for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and wait for it to boot up (usually 1-2 minutes).

Right, I do that from time to time. But since my laptop was able to connect, I just figured no need to. I'm gonna try that and see what happens.

Seba617

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Right, I do that from time to time. But since my laptop was able to connect, I just figured no need to. I'm gonna try that and see what happens.

I would do that but I dont think my boss really wants me unplugging the company's router lol

LessThanAnAndroidNovice

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
1. No it does not have any PW. It is an open network.

2. I just tried that 2 times and it still doesn't work.

It tries to connect and it gets to "obtaining address" and then it tries from the beginning again and when it gets to that it pauses and then starts again.
If you are getting that message, then WiFi must be turned on. It sounds like the router is refusing the connection. Your work network admin should be able to log onto the router and check the logs to see why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa