Night Time Sound Notification settings

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying that none of the mentioned apps do what the OP is looking to do?

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

Yeah, aren't having droid app choices great? Having a phone that can do what the OP wants right out of the box is so boring.

I too came from the Storm1 to the Thunderbolt, don't get me wrong, there were things I didn't like about the Storm - but it did many things MUCH better than this TB...............flame away you Androird/Thunderbolt fanboys, I am impervious to your lock step insults.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the new phone! I had a BB Storm and I hated it! Worst phone ever imo.

Maybe you didn't know how to use it.

I had a Storm1 for two and a half years and except for slow internet, if worked great. Some things, even to this day, worked better than the troubled TB.

Oh, and I have the TB - have had it from day one. I will be keeping only until something better (on Verizon) comes along.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you didn't know how to use it.

I had a Storm1 for two and a half years and except for slow internet, if worked great. Some things, even to this day, worked better than the troubled TB.

Oh, and I have the TB - have had it from day one. I will be keeping only until something better (on Verizon) comes along.

Who knows... maybe you can get a BB Storm 3 to replace your TB.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this app does this but not that.

Another app does that but not this.....and costs $10.

This is the hardest part for new droid users to get used to. You want your droid phone to do something your BB did right out of the box? you have to scour the forums and markets trying to find an app that at least comes close to what you want to do. THEN you have to find ones that actually work and or have good ratings. THEN you wind up trying out a couple before you get tired and frustrated and settle on one that sort of does what you want?.and HOPEFULLY it was free or only a couple of bucks.

Blackberry and Apple at least give you a set of good tools WITH the purchase of the phone.

Some people complain about the high cost of these phones, but how many of them spend another $100 or more during the time they have the phone looking for the "right" apps?

Sometimes I think Android phones are for people who like to make their cell phones their hobby.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Who knows... maybe you can get a BB Storm 3 to replace your TB.

Who knows is right. I have some time on my TB contract to wait out new phones.

If the QNX BlackBerry Storm replacement phone ever makes it to market I will definitely give it a serious look. Also the iPhone 5 or 6.

I have not been assimilated into the Android collective, I am still a free thinking man.

brodrick

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
There is no perfect phone. Even my much Hated Env-touch did a couple things I liked better than the Thunderbolt, but I won't be going back to that thing.
It's like the car commercials where they show a Chevy Vega that has more trunk space than a Mercedes Benz, and better gas mileage than a Rolls Royce. Does that mean it's better? BB does some things very well. Android does too. Just pick your poison.

vipthomps

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had "Bedside" since my Droid original. Same reason as some others...it bothered my wife.

Easy to setup. cost a bit more but at the time 2 years ago was the only one out on the market. I like it and it worked right away on the TBolt on release day!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch