Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook app sucks!

The Official Facebook for Android SUCKS BIG MONKEY *****

When i go to facebook.com on my laptop, there are NO MESSAGES and NO OPEN CHATS.

When i go to facebook on my thunderbolt is shows a bunch of active conversations with people, and when i go to messages it shows all of my messages from a long time ago and I CANT DELETE THEM

WTFFF

Global Posts
    1,223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

Quote Originally Posted by zachnelson View Post
    The Official Facebook for Android SUCKS BIG MONKEY *****

When i go to facebook.com on my laptop, there are NO MESSAGES and NO OPEN CHATS.

When i go to facebook on my thunderbolt is shows a bunch of active conversations with people, and when i go to messages it shows all of my messages from a long time ago and I CANT DELETE THEM

WTFFF
    have you tried clearing the app cache? (home screen>menu>settings>applications>manage>downloaded>facebook)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes I did. I thought it would fix that, so i did it before i posted

but still the same issue

FB for android is by far the worst of all platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
    FB for android is by far the worst of all platforms.
    blackberry is pretty terrible. at least chat is built into the android platform

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

For whatever reason FB app has always stunk on Android. I'd like to know why the FB apps for iphone are so much better than what we have available to us on Android.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Fixed my issue!

(by doing a factory reset haha omg)

But yes, they really need to improve their facebook app

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

Are you running the latest version? I had the same issues in the previous version before this last update a Week or so ago.
    "Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt Hoooooooo!" - Lion-O
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn826 View Post
    Are you running the latest version? I had the same issues in the previous version before this last update a Week or so ago.
    I think, doesn't it automatically check for updates?

Purchase the app "Flow"...it is way better than the stock Android Facebook app
    Currently enjoying my first Android phone!

The only way I've found to delete the old conversations is to log out of facebook in the app. When you log back in they should be deleted.

While it certainly is not perfect, once you experience the flakey iPhone version and the downright awful Blackberry version, the Android version of FB seems pretty freaking awesome! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Andeeg View Post
    Purchase the app "Flow"...it is way better than the stock Android Facebook app
    I agree.
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

Is there a Facebook app or way to prevent fb from syncing to all your. contacts? I don't want fb doing anything to my contacts at all...

Quote Originally Posted by chuckh0308 View Post
    While it certainly is not perfect, once you experience the flakey iPhone version and the downright awful Blackberry version, the Android version of FB seems pretty freaking awesome! LOL!

You are so right. I came from a Storm 1 and used FB on it. This version is a dream.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Monkey View Post
    Is there a Facebook app or way to prevent fb from syncing to all your. contacts? I don't want fb doing anything to my contacts at all...
    If you are using the market fb app, when you install it asks if you want to

>sync all fb contacts
    >sync existing fb contacts (sync only with the contacts already in your phone)
    >no contact syncing.

The htc fb doesn't give you these options, only to sync or not sync and i beleive you have to go into setting>accounts & sync> fb for htc sense to be able to unsync.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckh0308 View Post
    You cant be serious? The iphone facebook app sh*ts all over the Android version.
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Ter1990 View Post
    If you are using the market fb app, when you install it asks if you want to

>sync all fb contacts
    >sync existing fb contacts (sync only with the contacts already in your phone)
    >no contact syncing.

The htc fb doesn't give you these options, only to sync or not sync and i beleive you have to go into setting>accounts & sync> fb for htc sense to be able to unsync.
    perfect thank you, was scared to log in because I don't want it to sync....

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

You cant be serious? The iphone facebook app sh*ts all over the Android version.
    Stirring the pot......stirring the pot.........hi ho the dairy o........why are you stirring the pot? This is the Thunderbolt Fourm,not the I love IPhone fourm.

Flow is good, there is a free version as well to check out

The only thing I miss about WebOS (other than WebOS notifications.. dreamy) is the FB app.

Quote Originally Posted by Willymakit 75 View Post
    Stirring the pot......stirring the pot.........hi ho the dairy o........why are you stirring the pot? This is the Thunderbolt Fourm,not the I love IPhone fourm.
    Damn that, the truth is just the truth. The android facebook app is simply terrible. Its the only versions that doesnt give true notifications for everything. I mean unless you count the "push notifications"... thats if and when they actually work.

Of course I'm serious. None of them really work right (which I think part of the problem may actually be FaceBook), but I've found the Android version to be the best of the three. On the BB the notifications would stop completely every now and then and the only way to fix it was to reinstall the app. On the iPhone version the notifications sort of work at random. It gets most of them, but not all. The Android version (so far) has sent all my notifications (I think), but sometimes actually viewing what I'm notified of is wasted time looking at something blank.

Again, they all need work. on a 1-10 scale with 10 being best, I would probably rate them:

BB - 5
    iPhone - 7
    Android - 8

When it really comes down to it though, FB is almost a complete waste of time and life anyway, so I really don't give a rip about it. I'm not going to die if I don't get a notification or something and it's really not worth getting worked up over...lol!

Open up the conversation > menu > close conversation.

One bug does not make a terrible app

Your other option is to use the browser and go to the mobile site. I find the app more than useful.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast