Screen not automatically shutting off

kixazz2529

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

My Screen has stopped automatuically shutting off and it is killing my battery. When I press the lock button the screen shuts off fine. However, in the past when the phone has sat idel it usually dimmed and then ultimately shot off teh screen while locking the phone.

Now, my phone screen dims and the phone locks but the screen never fully shuts off. Has anyone else had this issue and no how to resolve it?

I had rooted my phone awhile ago and have not really done anything that would have changes this setting. I have tried playing around with teh screen timeout timing and so far have had no success in getting it to autimatically shut off the screen again.

Thanks
Justin

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Is this happening when you are plugged in and do you have the debugging option turned on to stay awake on under Settings/Applications/Development?

ltredbeard

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

My Screen has stopped automatuically shutting off and it is killing my battery. When I press the lock button the screen shuts off fine. However, in the past when the phone has sat idel it usually dimmed and then ultimately shot off teh screen while locking the phone.

Now, my phone screen dims and the phone locks but the screen never fully shuts off. Has anyone else had this issue and no how to resolve it?

I had rooted my phone awhile ago and have not really done anything that would have changes this setting. I have tried playing around with teh screen timeout timing and so far have had no success in getting it to autimatically shut off the screen again.

Thanks
Justin

I have a similar problem on mornings after the combination of Titanium Backup running and the phone charging. I usually clear out the notifications (the one where it says Ti Backup finished) and lock the screen myself and it fixes it. I cant remember if I kill all the task with a task killer, but you may want to try that if my suggestion doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure this has to do with a program you have running so it may just take some searching.