Power Button Flush or Extended??

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to get some feeback about the power button, and how far it extends out on verious handsets. Mine almost flush to the phone, it only slightly extends out past the housing of the phone. Unless you look closely, it looks like it is just about flush to the phone.

What about everyone else?

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to get some feeback about the power button, and how far it extends out on verious handsets. Mine almost flush to the phone, it only slightly extends out past the housing of the phone. Unless you look closely, it looks like it is just about flush to the phone.

What about everyone else?

Mine is slightly flush. I don't use it that much because my volume buttons are what wake the device.

Paradise Valley, AZ running Thunderbolt rooted Das BAMF Remix 1.6.2

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Almost flush but it's usually in a case, which has quite a raised portion over the power button. Makes it very easy to find and press the power button.

Sent from my HAL 9000 using Tapatalk

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Had three different versions of power buttons:

1. So flush you could hardly press it and this power button was non-functional as well
2. Similar to what most are posting that is pretty much flush with the phone and works 90% of the time
3. Not flush and sticking out maybe 1/10 of an inch and worked 99.99% of the time miss this one

Last edited:

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Flushed, I'm worrying if this flushed button will last a few more weeks, what am I suppose to tell VZW when I can't unlock my phone !?

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I had to return my old bolt due to mechanical problems and the new one I got has a noticeably better power button. My original tbolt's power button was pretty flat and didn't really have any pop. The new one has nice pop and action.

Was there a cosmetic mod to the newer Thunderbolts?

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Much props for my Active X case's built-in power button extender. Much easier to press when I want to turn off the screen without much effort / pressure. :D