Problem with 3G

lemon

May 9, 2011
Visit site
First I want to say that my location is in the extended 4G LTE coverage area and I have never gotten 4G ever at this location. (Have gotten it in other places).

My problem is that I lose 3G signal all the time for long periods of time. For example, I wake up in the morning and I have no signal. I regain signal only after turning my phone off and then back on.

My signal strength is always between -72 and -77 dBm and my mobile network type is CDMA - EvDo rev. A. My concern is that I understand the Thunderbolt used the eHPRD type and I have never manually changed the type of 3G. So I don't know what's going on.

In summary, I don't have 4G, and I lose 3G connectivity all the time. If someone can help I would appreciate it.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Can someone let me know if I am supposed to be on CDMA - EvDo rev. A by default? Because I never changed it.

More likely something that Verizon changed on the network. Ever since the big outage whenever I use 3G it shows Rev A rather than eHRPD even though my phone is set to use eHRPD.