Skype Update ????

hmfoster

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Got the Skype mobile for Verizon today but it still does not work. Talked to Verizon tech and they said that is was an update for the time when the operable program will come to be available but didn't have any idea when that might happen. Oh well

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Talked to Verizon tech and they said that is was an update for the time when the operable program will come to be available but didn't have any idea when that might happen. Oh well

I think my brain exploded trying to decipher that sentence. I'm suing for damages.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
They're probably not making any real changes until Microsoft has to pay for it. Well, when WE have to pay for it for Microsoft.

Unrelated: I haven't been following the news on this closely; will Skype remain free through this takeover?

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Probably been an internal issue being they were trying to sell Skype to Microsoft to make bank while Skype is on top of the bubble of popularity and I believe the sale went through this week? So probably won't see tons of updates for time being if anything is going to change on the inside of the company when "The Man" takes over things.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Got the Skype mobile for Verizon today but it still does not work. Talked to Verizon tech and they said that is was an update for the time when the operable program will come to be available but didn't have any idea when that might happen. Oh well

So let me clarify this: You got the Skype Mobile app on your Thunderbolt? Skype Mobile is not supported on the Thunderbolt. Period. Delete it and get rid of it. Normal Skype for Android works on the TBolt, and at some point Skype Mobile with Video will be released. If you have the leaked copy of Skype Mobile with Video like many of us TBolt users do, then Verizon cannot support it, as it is not released yet. Any Tech tells you different is immensely confused.

Important note: Skype Mobile is NOT Skype Mobile with Video. Of those two, only Skype Mobile with Video will be supported on the TBolt.

Skype Mobile with Video still has no new info on its release, but I highly doubt the Microsoft buy-out will affect that whatsoever.

LessThanAnAndroidNovice

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Probably been an internal issue being they were trying to sell Skype to Microsoft to make bank while Skype is on top of the bubble of popularity and I believe the sale went through this week? So probably won't see tons of updates for time being if anything is going to change on the inside of the company when "The Man" takes over things.
See these articles:
Update: Microsoft agrees to buy Skype for $8.5 billion - Computerworld
Microsoft promises not to ditch Mac, iPhone, Android Skype users - Computerworld

I wouldn't expect to see much new development on other platforms (including Android) until they have finished integrating it into their own platforms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez