I must say this ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree entirely that the bugs should be shouted out loud and clear, and they have, and HTC/Verizon are taking action (whether effectively or not is another question). You have every right to express your frustration about those things that should be fixed (the reboots) or are sub-par (the battery life).

But your original list of dissatisfactions goes far beyond the legitimate flaws of the phone and well into "wishlist" items, all the things you would want from a phone at this time, even if they were never advertised for this phone and no single phone on Verizon has anywhere near all of these features. In fact, you knew almost all of that about the phone when you bought it.

Sorry about that. Maybe Verizon and HTC are reading this ya know. :)

On another note i'm glad to see this thread has become so hot. ;)

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
On another note i'm glad to see this thread has become so hot. ;)

The bottom line is we don't need people like yourself to point out the flaws with this device, especially from someone who has never even owned the phone to begin with. You have formulated an opinion by reading forums, and that has skewed your sense of reality. The majority of users are not having random reboots or other major issues. Every single phone has it's share of bugs/problems, and that will always be the case. Perfection is not possible!

It's time to move on INK, this thread has run it's course already.

Reactions: Chrisy

dogg

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The bottom line is we don't need people like yourself to point out the flaws with this device, especially from someone who has never even owned the phone to begin with. You have formulated an opinion by reading forums, and that has skewed your sense of reality. The majority of users are not having random reboots or other major issues. Every single phone has it's share of bugs/problems, and that will always be the case. Perfection is not possible!

It's time to move on INK, this thread has run it's course already.

Don't you think that you are being a bit harsh throughout this whole thread? What's wrong if he points out the flaws? There are a lot of potential Thunderbolt buyers on this forums that would like to know the flaws. He gave valid points that concerned features that HE wanted.

I believe that there is no "best phone" for Verizon; It's all a matter of personal preference for your current needs. Some people may want Super Amoled plus, while others want good battery life or 4g. I myself had a thunderbolt that had bad battery life and reboot issues. I recently switched to the Incredible 2 because it better fits MY needs (mainly battery life). I don't live anywhere near a 4g area so that isn't a concern to me, but the lack of 4g might displease others.

:)

Reactions: INK

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't you think that you are being a bit harsh throughout this whole thread? What's wrong if he points out the flaws? There are a lot of potential Thunderbolt buyers on this forums that would like to know the flaws. He gave valid points that concerned features that HE wanted.

I believe that there is no "best phone" for Verizon; It's all a matter of personal preference for your current needs. Some people may want Super Amoled plus, while others want good battery life or 4g. I myself had a thunderbolt that had bad battery life and reboot issues. I recently switched to the Incredible 2 because it better fits MY needs (mainly battery life). I don't live anywhere near a 4g area so that isn't a concern to me, but the lack of 4g might displease others.

:)

Thank you. And as for you Nate I have friends who have it and I've seen this stuff firsthand.

Reactions: dogg

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you and I truly do like the Thunderbolt Its just I think as customers we shouldn't have to settle for anything less then what we expect.

I will disagree with you on that one. We all may have different expectations when we buy a phone. I don't know what yours were and you don't know what mine were so how can anyone know the expectations of any one individual buyer?

Everyone who looks at an ad or sees a TV commercial has to realize that there is always a certain amount of "puffery" that goes with the ad. I never expect a product to be the next best thing, or that the product is going to change the way I live etc. I look at the product and see if it is going to fit my needs, if I feel that it will I purchase it. Most of the time it works out, sometimes it fits most of my needs and occasionally its a bust. Did you really think that someone was actually out on a roof during a thunderstorm to harness its power? Let's be realistic here, that is pure advertising puffery. When I bought the TB I had certain expectations. I never expected it to be perfect and it has not been perfect. Some of the problems are because it is new technology and if you want to live on the bleeding edge you have to expect the problems that come with that. A lot of the problems were caused also by Verizon loading the phone with pure crap.

Overall, I'm happy with the phone, as LTE progresses I will likely check out newer phones as the come out. If one really strikes me as a better phone I may buy but if they are just incrementally better I may stay with the TB for some time. Who knows? I don't know what I'm going to do in the future at this time.

It comes down to this, if it works for you and you like it and can live with the issues, then keep it. If not, then sell it and get what will work better for you. Its a pretty simple philosophy. I just don't see the need for others to pile on someone just because the TB may not work out for them, or just because they write about its shortcomings. Its a really nice phone, but it ain't manna from heaven.

Reactions: HPBolt

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I will disagree with you on that one. We all may have different expectations when we buy a phone. I don't know what yours were and you don't know what mine were so how can anyone know the expectations of any one individual buyer?

Everyone who looks at an ad or sees a TV commercial has to realize that there is always a certain amount of "puffery" that goes with the ad. I never expect a product to be the next best thing, or that the product is going to change the way I live etc. I look at the product and see if it is going to fit my needs, if I feel that it will I purchase it. Most of the time it works out, sometimes it fits most of my needs and occasionally its a bust. Did you really think that someone was actually out on a roof during a thunderstorm to harness its power? Let's be realistic here, that is pure advertising puffery. When I bought the TB I had certain expectations. I never expected it to be perfect and it has not been perfect. Some of the problems are because it is new technology and if you want to live on the bleeding edge you have to expect the problems that come with that. A lot of the problems were caused also by Verizon loading the phone with pure crap.

Overall, I'm happy with the phone, as LTE progresses I will likely check out newer phones as the come out. If one really strikes me as a better phone I may buy but if they are just incrementally better I may stay with the TB for some time. Who knows? I don't know what I'm going to do in the future at this time.

It comes down to this, if it works for you and you like it and can live with the issues, then keep it. If not, then sell it and get what will work better for you. Its a pretty simple philosophy. I just don't see the need for others to pile on someone just because the TB may not work out for them, or just because they write about its shortcomings. Its a really nice phone, but it ain't manna from heaven.

I was refering to myself.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have issue with my Thunderbolt but I still like it a lot. Best phone I've owned.

Ink, how long did you use the phone before you decided you didn't like it? What issues did you have?

I have reboots but it's not too bad. Hopefully a fix comes soon. Is the Sensation bug free so far?

Last edited:

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have issue with my Thunderbolt but I still like it a lot. Best phone I've owned.

Ink, how long did you use the phone before you decided you didn't like it? What issues did you have?

I have reboots but it's not too bad. Hopefully a fix comes soon. Is the Sensation but free so far?

I like the thunderbolt(check my signature and activity )

random reboots and the lte eating battery. I have a android device with the same. mah battery so it overwhelmed me. The sensation is nice but I've been in love with the thunderbolt since Oct of 2010 just feel sensation would better fit my standards. Thunderbolt us great with a lot of what it does .

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't the Sensation have LTE? Is the battery better on it with 4G on?

Did you try a factory reset or exchange of your Tbolt? I don't have battery issues but I have the extended battery.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok. Well that's not an option for me. T-Mobile doesn't have enough nationwide coverage. Nor do they cover my town. My parents tried them.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am one of those who agrees & disagrees with the OP.

I think that htcsense.com's compatability is a valid issue. I know you can download apps to track & wipe your phone, but skin downloading should be enabled at the very least. Do you actually think that Verizon is going to come out with skins for either the Tbolt or Inc2? No. So now we have to look to devs to port them over for people who aren't planning to root. They already have for the Tbolt, but haven't seen any for the Inc2. I don't get why if Verizon wanted you to use their stuff, they couldn't at least allow you access to the stuff they aren't going to provide. I'm wondering how long it will be before they start censoring the market further (like they did with the tether apps) to get rid of anything that competes with what they're offering.

As far as Gingerbread, that's been out since last fall. How long did it take for all devices to start shipping with Froyo after it made it's way onto a few devices? Not long. Multiple tech blogs have asked the same question, why aren't we seeing GB on devices out of the box? They have had plenty of time to perfect Sense 2.0 for GB (2.0 came out on the Desire late summer/early fall) so what other than the carrier is the holdup?

As far as the OTA issue, that's another valid point. With Verizon's rep for rigorous testing, they dropped the ball on that one. Many don't have the issue, but many do. If the split is anywhere near 50/50, that's an issue. We knew about the reboot issue when the leaked update showed up, but assumed that the delay was to fix the issue. When it showed up as the same build, you've got to wonder how they didn't see this.

The Skype & Netflix issues are not on either HTC or Verizon. Skype's issue is on them and Netflix's is on no one since that was never said to be avaiable on the Tbolt. From the looks of things though, Netflix should be available in the future (if it's availablilty on phones like the Inc1 is any indication).

Basically points 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 12 are on Verizon. They tell the manufacturer what they want out of the phone (specs & what features to enable or disable) and the updates & network are on them to test and fix/ report to the manufacturer. Point 2 is on HTC for not getting their UI to work with the most recent version of android in a timely manner. I've already commented on where the issue with points 10 & 11 lie.

I had the Tbolt for 2 months, & ended up going to an Inc2. It's just more stable & since I won't have LTE for a couple of years, it's not a necessity for me. I started having the reboots & I didn't even get to download the update. Add in the sporadic battery life, gps, sms & data issues & it just wasn't worth it.

If they would've released it as a 3G phone in late 2010 as originally planned, they would've had a winner on their hands for the time. Trying to re-engineer the device in a 4-5 month timeframe is what gave them their problems.

If Moto is actually using the Targa in place of the Bionic they might actually succeed (assuming the Targa was planned to be an LTE device). But I think the reality of having a new android device every week or two is just going to be more of the same as far as making the end user the beta tester. With such a tight schedule to get the devices to the public, the quality control will suffer. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Chrisy and INK

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy with this phone and I'm glade I got it. I used Skype the first time the other day to another Bolt and it worked great.. My Iphone co-workers always want to play with my phone. So I must say that there is always people not happy in all types of forums, phone,car,camera etc. Its easier to talk about the bad, very hard to the say the good.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm very happy with this phone and I'm glade I got it. I used Skype the first time the other day to another Bolt and it worked great.. My Iphone co-workers always want to play with my phone. So I must say that there is always people not happy in all types of forums, phone,car,camera etc. Its easier to talk about the bad, very hard to the say the good.

I'm happy with how it turned out it's just not "The phone after your dream phone." for me.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
cool-story-bro-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.