Why must I be this way?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Just curious, but why does someone need more than one smartphone?
Phones are my hobby, so will always have more than one. For some, its cars, for others its motorcycles, for some its even jets. For me, its phones. Currently, I have 4.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Tadpoles,

You are not alone. When the S22 came out I had the base model twice, the S22 Ultra and the S22 plus all before the Fold 4 and Flip 4 came out. Of which i had both of those phones as well. So that is 6 Samsung phones in a year. I still ended the year with the Pixel 7 Pro.
This was all possible cause I will waste money on phones.
I'm hoping the S23 Ultra quills my desire to buy new phones.
The one thing I always looks for is battery life. All of the previous phones had really good battery life. This one here is the best of every Android phone i have ever owned and it has top tier specs.

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app
I just thought about it yesterday and I am on my 6th phone in 4 years. I am hoping that my Pixel 7 Pro satisfies me for longer than previous phones. But I only have one phone.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll add I also have 2 watch 5 pros. When I switch between phones I have a watch for each one. Saves me time from having to set the watch up every time.

The biggest issue is setting them up with the carrier since they are LTE watches. That's why I can say esim is not the way to go for phones, so so much easier to just swap a SIM card. People that think esim is the way to go probably haven't had a CDMA phone in the days. You know the *228 that didn't work half the time so had to call in to carrier.

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, but why does someone need more than one smartphone?

Most of us don't, myself included.

You may not have realised, but this is an enthusiasts forum, we're enthusiasts.

People don't really need multiple cars, houses, watches, pairs of trainers and whatever else people collect. I bet even you, if you looked closely at your life, would find many objects that you don't actually *need* you just *want*.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I fall in that category. I'm currently using the iPhone 14 Pro as my main phone but also have the S22 Ultra as a backup. Before that I had the Samsung S21U and the iPhone 12 and 13 Pro. With my T-Mobile I'm eligible to upgrade every 6 months or so, so I definitely take advantage of it. Now I'm torn between the Ultra and the Plus. I don't need 2 Ultra phones, I can always switch back and forth unlike with the iPhone which has esim. Decisions decisions. Which one do I choose??

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade-itis is definitely a disease. Where you draw the line is a good question that can only partly be answered by logic. I swore I wouldn't get the s23 ultra. I got it anyway. I thought I had some actual reasons. Still, my life wouldn't have changed if I'd waited for the 24th. In many ways, life would have been simpler.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz