What is your phone hardware and reboot status after the OTA update.

What is your hardware version and how often does it reboot.

• Total voters

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I decided to see if there is absolutely any correlation between the hardware and the rebooting issue.

I have hardware version 0002 and have had exactly 3 reboots since launch day and 2 of them were after the update while I was in a very bad signal area.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
ive never had it reboot on its own ever...385hrs of up time thats when i rebooted it after update

Well and I wouldn't even consider my 2 reboots after the OTA random reboots. Like I said in another thread it only rebooted when I was in a basement and struggled to get a data signal. I think the rebooting is like a built in fail safe almost. If it's having issues getting a signal it reboots to try and clear out all cache and then hopefully re-establish a connection so it doesn't drain the battery while it is constantly struggling to get a signal.

I haven't had any random reboots when I was not in a basement.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Are there actually version 1 phones out there? I have a version 2 and bought my Tbolt on launch day.

I don't know. That's what I'm trying to figure out. I bought mine on launch day as well, but I'm in the middle of the country as well. So depending on where they came from and how they were distributed either the eastern half or western half of the country could have gotten version 0001 phones.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I decided to see if there is absolutely any correlation between the hardware and the rebooting issue.

I have hardware version 0002 and have had exactly 3 reboots since launch day and 2 of them were after the update while I was in a very bad signal area.

I have been very vocal about TB's flaws, but I must say that I have not had any random reboots before or after the OTA update.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Every time I see comments, posts about reboots, the number of people having problems is a lot less of the ones no having problems at all.

pppilot

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I've never even been able to even get the update! It's never been pushed to my phone and I've tried to manually update several times every day since the update became available and each time get the "service not available" message or something like that. Wait! I just tried it again and now it's available! Only now I'm afraid to try it because it may make things worse. I've had the Tbolt since the first week it was available (Hardware Ver. 0002) and have never had any random rebooting. However, it has issues when traveling between 4G and 3G areas. It loses its data connection and may not reconnect unless I do a reboot. It also generally does not work well on 3G - it's very slow, if it works at all.

What do you guys think? Should I do the update or stand pat until a new update becomes available?

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I am not certain of this, but I am pretty sure my friend at HTC said the HW version 0001 was the CES demo model. It was never put on a production line. Thats what I thought he had said.

Malibu02

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Im a noob here but I have had my version 2 non rooted for a couple of months and 0 problems before or after OTA. Not in a 4G area.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
do the update I bought my phone first day of a available. first 1 online did the update no problems whatsoever
I've never even been able to even get the update! It's never been pushed to my phone and I've tried to manually update several times every day since the update became available and each time get the "service not available" message or something like that. Wait! I just tried it again and now it's available! Only now I'm afraid to try it because it may make things worse. I've had the Tbolt since the first week it was available (Hardware Ver. 0002) and have never had any random rebooting. However, it has issues when traveling between 4G and 3G areas. It loses its data connection and may not reconnect unless I do a reboot. It also generally does not work well on 3G - it's very slow, if it works at all.

What do you guys think? Should I do the update or stand pat until a new update becomes available?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699