Weather no longer showing location name?

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
hi everyone - I've noticed since Monday that my weather location on the HTC Sense clock is no longer showing the actual location name anymore. it just shows "current location" whereas before it used to have the city name there.

I have a stock Tbolt - even my wifes is doing this. we are in Southern California in a solid 4G area.

any ideas?

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
So Cal here also.

Mine has been all over the board for the last week. At work just current location on 3G, this week it is working again. Last night i was at the angels game and in the stadium on 4G it said current location and kept dropping signal. I wanted to do a speedtest and that could not even connect.

It seems like network issues rather then phone issues to me. Unless this phone is breaking and fixing itself.

xeon711

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I noticed mine doing that yesterday during the day. It went to my real location later in the evening and still to this morning. Strange.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have all of you beat. NYC is in a heat wave right now. Temps are in the high 90's. Yesterday, my phone was showing 0 degrees. Yeah...oooooo k. During the past two weeks, the weather/temps have been off by 15 to 20 degrees. At 9:00 p.m, it still shows that it is sunny. Location shows "current" all the time too. Updating the weather doesn't correct the error.

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
interesting - thanks for the replies. now we know we are not having phone issues.

it was always spot on before and just seemed to stop working. we have not changed anything so I guess it must be the network.

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Socal here, same issue with current location. And data is a lot slower as well. Sometimes I would get the up arrow on the 4g icon stuck, which I can't use data when that happens.

Also, when connecting to WiFi it does fix the location name. Hahahah.

CrotchBat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just a bug I've seen once in a rare while. Mine remedies itself quickly by simply going into the weather app(clicking on the sun/moon/whatever) and then it'll refresh and when you exit out the name reappears. YMMV but has worked for me every time(all 2-3 of them).

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like a gps problem. This may sound stupid but 30 second battery pull or removing/readding the widget sometimes helps.

Reactions: FrankXS

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Also, when browsing in 4g it seems so slow. When loading the main page of AC forums, it would just show the AC banner and the progress bar would be 3/4 of the way and woukd stay there for 3 -5 min then finally load the whole thing. Going to Google.com won't load anything either. Yet I'm getting 12mbps on my speedtest. Fb seems to load pictures quickly. Going to either Bing or yahoo loads it normally as well. I wonder wats going on.....

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I am in SoCal, and mine is not showing my location either. Just says Current Location! It is 9pm and it says it is partly Sunny. My phone has been real laggy, and just weird! Not at all normal and just plain annoying! :( At least it is not rebooting like it was when I was in Arkansas which was 3G only!

lostnuke

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Georgia. I noticed this same problem the other day (phone is 3 days old) Did a weather refresh and it told me I was in Oklahoma. But now I'm back in Georgia today...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699