Question about MR2 leak

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
I know that this update wipes the phone. I dont have very much stuff on it as I bought it sunday.

my only concern is when it says 'wipe' does it me to stock out of the box? of completely cleared out no apps or anything.

and can you use vzw backup to get your contacts back?

thanks for the help.

boonyah

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Im still curious as to if verizon has officially released the new update yet. My phone is currently rooted using the auto root and im running cubed custom rom. Im worried that if i used the leaked update I wont be able to unroot my phone to get the official update. Any thoughts on this?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Im still curious as to if verizon has officially released the new update yet. My phone is currently rooted using the auto root and im running cubed custom rom. Im worried that if i used the leaked update I wont be able to unroot my phone to get the official update. Any thoughts on this?

You will need to revert to a stock ROM to install any official update, it wont install on a custom setup and you would loose root anyway, and it is possible something you did while rooted may cause problems with the update and brick the phone. .

Reactions: MegaSoundwave76

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

If you're rooted then no need to worry. You will be able to find a basic debloat of almost any update. I'm currently using the leaked MR2 and it works great.

boonyah

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys.
Right now im still torn on if i want to use the leaked version and if there are any real benefits of waiting until the official update comes out. Im kinda lazy and dont want to have to unroot my phone update it. then root it again. Ive read alot of good things about the update and i do have trouble with my 4g from time to time. Im currently running the cubed rom because all the other ones ive tried didnt seem that stable. I still get some random reboots on this rom but its definitely rare compared to the other ones ive tried. I went rom flash crazy the second day i got my phone =] Props to all those that cook these roms up.

thanks for all your info guys. I love this forum. I switched from a black berry and i dont think im ever going anywhere else. Also i had the iphone 4 as well and just didnt like it.

Last edited:

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys.
Right now im still torn on if i want to use the leaked version and if there are any real benefits of waiting until the official update comes out. Im kinda lazy and dont want to have to unroot my phone update it. then root it again. Im currently running the cubed rom because all the other ones ive tried didnt seem that stable. I still get some random reboots on this rom but its definitely rare compared to the other ones ive tried. I went rom flash crazy the second day i got my phone =] Props to all those that cook these roms up.

thanks for all your info guys. I love this forum. I switched from a black berry and i dont think im ever going anywhere else. Also i had the iphone 4 as well and just didnt like it.

you dont have to unroot to update to MR2. you can find the leak and update just like any rom right now. thats what i did. the only thing is, you have to update to the MR2 radio as well.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I know that this update wipes the phone. I dont have very much stuff on it as I bought it sunday.

my only concern is when it says 'wipe' does it me to stock out of the box? of completely cleared out no apps or anything.

and can you use vzw backup to get your contacts back?

thanks for the help.

the mr2 ruu will be similar to stock out of the box, just with updated radio and maybe software?

assuming you are installing the leaked ruu, you can use vzw backup assistant to back up your contacts, then, after upgrade, use it again to restore your contacts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch