Using non-Verizon SIM card problem

gernade

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I got to settings and to app manager, and found three setup wizards. force stopped all of them, but when i go back it brings me back to the same sim card screen. went back to app manager and found that one setup wizard started working again, force stopped it but the problems persists. Should I try to clear data or clear cache?

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Most Verizon devices require you be on Verizon's network to OTA update... Try Kies or flash image via Odin?

im having the same problem, im using tmobile on a verizon g2 and when i check for software update, it says download unsuccessful and go to settings>system update and try again. does this mean i cant get android L aswell?

Posted via the Android Central App

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
im having the same problem, im using tmobile on a verizon g2 and when i check for software update, it says download unsuccessful and go to settings>system update and try again. does this mean i cant get android L aswell?

Yes... And no... It means you cannot update to Lollipop (or other updates) via OTA update process. You can always use Verizon Update software (although some users claim to need VZW Online Acct credentials), or wait for a KDZ or TOT file release and flash manually.

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Droid max for about 2 years. Yesterday it started , saying sims detected unknown source, and will not allow me to receive or send messages. I have a ent

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Internal battery. All I know is that since yesterday my Droid phone says sims detected unknown source? And will not allow me to receive or send messages... somebody plz help me understand why

Pizza34444

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
All Verizon LTE phones are factory unlocked to use with other carriers. I have two Verizon LG G2 phones (model VS980)� one is on active service with VZW, the other is off service that I just bought on eBay. When using a foreign SIM, in this case a Singapore Simtel SIM, my active phone detects the SIM no problem, shows the Simtel phone nbr etc and the local partner network which is T-Mobile. The other phone however, using the same Simtel SIM gives me an error message: "This SIM card is from an unknown source" and I am unable to proceed with setup and can't even get into settings. Both phones are identical except one is on active service. Has anyone figured how to get around this problem? Thanks in advance.

Go to settings>more settings>mobile networks> network mode>then select global or gsm because cdma is what's not letting it go away, but there will be an annoying notification but you'll have to deal with it

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Droid max for about 2 years. Yesterday it started , saying sims detected unknown source, and will not allow me to receive or send messages. I have a ent

It is likely either a bad connection (remove and reinsert the SIM), a bad SIM, or a defective device... If removing and reinserting the SIM followed by a reboot doesn't clear it up, stop by the local VZW corporate store for a replacement SIM, if you have to call support to get a replacement be prepared to factory default the device, they will often make you try it before sending out a new SIM. If all those things fail, it is likely a bad phone.

If this is NOT a Verizon SIM, then your "Unknown SIM" message is normal... and it is not related to your SMS issue (MMS possibly, but not SMS).

jenssymichael1988

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
hello , can somebody help me

i bought aSAMSUNG note 4 N910v verizon from ebay, im from dominicn republic
when insert i GSM sim card it ways no sim car from verizon , doesnt catch network signal and when try to search it manually it says ERROR WHILE SEARCHING FOR NETWORK

please help, attached a picture$_122.jpg

Andres Ramod

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Yours is more easy, simply hold your finger in the notification till it apear a small menu option, open it en select close app, o something like that, and you will get rid of it, but still every time you reboot your phone it will appear again. I tried to do the same thing in my LG G2 but it does not apear the notification icon :(

aslamnt007

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
hi bro i have note 3 verizon android 5.0.im trying to use with du network in uae.i cant access 4g n some functions pleas can you help me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty