Since Yesterday Battery discharging Fast

Jillxz

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday , I noticed my phone go very warm , more so than usual , while I was on a call. It literally burned my ear. I had talked just 10 minutes. That morning my phone was 100% ccharged and by late afternoon it was down to 59% with data and wifi turned off. The phone was used very little. I charged it back to 100% last night. The phone hasn't been used all day. WiFi , Datd , Bluetooth , nothing on. No new apps have been installed . Nothing different. So at 100% this AM to 48% by 6PM this evening with absolutely no use of any kind. . Something is wrong. The battery is losing the charge too fast.
Do any of you guys have any idea what could be wrong and if there is something I can do to stop this ? Could a factory reset help this problem ?

snipsey2

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
whenever I'm having issues with my G2's battery, I charge the phone to 100% capacity. Then, (with the phone still plugged in to the charger), do a soft reset. To do this, simply hold down the power button until you see an option to "power off and restart". Let the phone do it's thing, and when your lock screen comes back up, you're good to go! I think what this does is basically re-train the battery so it knows where 100% charge is. I have noticed I usually have to do this trick if I let the battery get below 15-10%... But this has fixed any issues I have had with my G2's battery being drained faster than usual.

Hope this helps! :)

Jillxz

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
whenever I'm having issues with my G2's battery, I charge the phone to 100% capacity. Then, (with the phone still plugged in to the charger), do a soft reset. To do this, simply hold down the power button until you see an option to "power off and restart". Let the phone do it's thing, and when your lock screen comes back up, you're good to go! I think what this does is basically re-train the battery so it knows where 100% charge is. I have noticed I usually have to do this trick if I let the battery get below 15-10%... But this has fixed any issues I have had with my G2's battery being drained faster than usual.

Thanks so much. I appreciate your help. I fixed the problem. Don't know what was really causing it , but noticed so many things with a check mark under Google account. These were always backing up. I removed the check from those I thought insignificant . I also removed Drop Box app. When I did these things , my phone was okay once more.

Hope this helps! :)

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I've noticed the same thing over the last few days, phone getting hot and unusual battery drain. I wonder if an app update did it. I couldn't find anything unusual using GSAM

wnflyer

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My wife's G2 has been doing this for the last few days. I'm going to try the charger trick mentioned above.

Randy

jawcaw

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I had a situation where my battery was draining and noticed that sync was running all the time. Guess something had glitched in contacts. Noticed the sync icon on status bar was coming and going. Had to delete contacts storage and let it all reload to resolve.

Posted via Android Central App

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My battery is definitely draining faster since the upgrade to KitKat. Hope I can figure this out. I don't have anything syncing, so it isn't that. Guess I'll try the charger trick, but not expecting any miracles.

Sent from my LG G2 with Tapatalk

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Tried the charger trick, but haven't seen much difference. Still discharging much faster than before KitKat was installed.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Tried the charger trick, but haven't seen much difference. Still discharging much faster than before KitKat was installed.

I had to do FDR. Since doing that, battery is better than before KK

anon(555385)

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I was having bad battery drain after upgrading to kitkat. I factory reset my phone a couple nights ago and battery seems to be the same or even better now than before the update.

SpikeHouston

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Try turning off Google Location Service when not in use. After the upgrade to Kit Kat, I noticed a faster battery drain, especially when the phone was idle. That was unusual. Google's location service seems to have been the culprit.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by FDR? I am having the same issue but haven't tried anything to fix it yet.

Sorry, that's short for Factory Data Reset. Plug into your laptop or PC and copy over to the computer any and all music or pics you have on your phone, they will be erased when you do an FDR. It will basically reset the phone to a state as if it were new from the box with Kit Kat installed.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
There must be something short of doing a factory reset to fix this. What is it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87