MHL adapter?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So I wanted to watch video from my phone on my TV. I used to do it with my razr easy enough. This weekend I tried with an MHL adapter for intuition with no luck. My phone did a very strange thing. The screen started rapidly flashing between the media home function (to play video & view pics) and the charge screen. It was flashing between the two screens so fast I couldn't even push a button! I unplugged the MHL adapter quickly. Now when I plug it in again I cannot get the media home screen back! I went out and purchased a different MHL adapter but nope. Also. ..I tried same suspect adapter on razr & it works perfect! I'm thinking my intuition is defective when it comes to the media share. When I called Verizon they said I may have to factory reset!? But every other function on the phone works perfectly fine! They also want to send me a refurbished intuition?! No way! Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

Sent from my VS950 4G using Android Central Forums

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So I wanted to watch video from my phone on my TV. I used to do it with my razr easy enough. This weekend I tried with an MHL adapter for intuition with no luck. My phone did a very strange thing. The screen started rapidly flashing between the media home function (to play video & view pics) and the charge screen. It was flashing between the two screens so fast I couldn't even push a button! I unplugged the MHL adapter quickly. Now when I plug it in again I cannot get the media home screen back! I went out and purchased a different MHL adapter but nope. Also. ..I tried same suspect adapter on razr & it works perfect! I'm thinking my intuition is defective when it comes to the media share. When I called Verizon they said I may have to factory reset!? But every other function on the phone works perfectly fine! They also want to send me a refurbished intuition?! No way! Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

I went to my local Verizon store and thankfully there was 1 employee who KNEW what the problem was! She was very sure I needed an MHL adapter with 11 pins, not the standard 5 pin! She was right! It works great now! I'm very happy I didn't send it back & get a refurbished phone like Verizon customer service wanted me too!

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, just picked up my Intution...loving it so far. Where did you pick up your 11pin MHL from?

PS...Michigan also

Found it at Radio Shack! It's by a company called Pipeline. On the pkg it says MHL HDMI ADAPTOR. the barcode # is 150-0415
It was $39.99

michdroid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

Just wanted to share that I located an MHL to VGA adapter and successfully connected the Intuition to a 19" Dell monitor. I also have a BT keyboard that works and am looking for a BT mouse to complete the set. So, in essence I have created for myself a mini-desktop with the Intuition as the "box". Seems to work pretty good. Still playing with it to see what it can do. Bought the adapter off eBay