Where is the love

galpdawg

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Where is the Love for this Phone. Is it really that bad? it is one of the better looking ones that is coming out, maybe the specs arent the top of line but is this phone gonna flop.?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think it's just that much has been released about it so far. I for one love LG phones. I don't think this will be a flop. It's just being overshadowed right now is all.

Look how LG handled the optimus 2X. You heard some rumblings about it then all of a sudden it's released in Korea. First dual core phone to market.

Korea is their home market so I expect their high-end handsets to be released there first.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
How will it be older? It will have LTE. People underestimate LG phones and they shouldn't. It will be a winner. I think maybe they are waiting for the Bionic and Thunderbolt to cool off a little bit.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
How will it be older? It will have LTE. People underestimate LG phones and they shouldn't. It will be a winner. I think maybe they are waiting for the Bionic and Thunderbolt to cool off a little bit.

LG has been an epic fail in terms of hardware reliability. Most people think of them as garbage so maybe this next generation of LG phones will change their minds.

far_star

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't get the lack of excitement either. It has everything the Thunderbolt has (minus HTC Sense, and the extra RAM, and extra 3MP on the camera) but adds HDMI and a micro USB port where it belongs, on the bottom of the phone.

Edit. Never-mind, I see that the usb is on the side on this one as well. Thunderbolt starting to look a lot more competitive.

Last edited:

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I've not had issue with any LG devices I have used. I know they have a reputation for lower quality but they usually have good value. HTC is proven high quality in mobile devices though and there's not much difference between this and the revo so.......

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't discount this phone. I saw some of these phones at CES and the build quality was equally as good as any of the HTC phones I've seen. And this is in no way meant as disrespect toward HTC, but I wouldn't say they are the king of build quality. My friend just went through 2 Inspires. One had a loose screen and the replacement had a bunch of dead pixels. I love HTC and their ability to innovate, but man some of their hardware issues have been maddening. Point is, based on what I've seen, LG has a good shot of playing with the best of them.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
you kidding me? LG IS the best of them!!

When their new stuff hit's the markets around the world the LG community is going to be where it's at :) We're all going to chip in and get you an LG Cory so you can feel the power of a real phone ;) haha

upworlder

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I really want this phone to be awesome, but I won't be buying one just because my trust in them has been shaken by a few phones over the years with hardware issues. My personal favorite was the enV2 of which I went through 4 in a one year span because they just kept breaking due to manufacturing issues. Come on LG, win me back!

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm reeeaaaaaly interested in this device. It's just as powerful as the Thunderbolt, but gives you the closest experience to AOSP as you can get without actually being a Nexus. LTE, 16 gigs internal storage. Build quality "looks" nice.

Shouldn't be straddled down with battery life deficiencies like Sense UI based phones.

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
What is all this "mostly stock" talk? I saw the vids/pics of it at CES and it was stock, but thats easily chalked up to simply not a final version. I've also seen pics/vids of it with that new LG skin on it looking a lot like Touchwiz.

Is it that LG's new skin (Touchwiz like) just a very light skin?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't discount this phone. I saw some of these phones at CES and the build quality was equally as good as any of the HTC phones I've seen. And this is in no way meant as disrespect toward HTC, but I wouldn't say they are the king of build quality. My friend just went through 2 Inspires. One had a loose screen and the replacement had a bunch of dead pixels. I love HTC and their ability to innovate, but man some of their hardware issues have been maddening. Point is, based on what I've seen, LG has a good shot of playing with the best of them.

I agree with this. I have had hardware issues with every HTC smartphone I have ever owned. They look sweet and have a lot of beautiful design techniques, but the hardware fails often.