1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default White background on the Contacts & Phone application... can this be changed?

I would like to change the white background of the phone app to black... I see the At&T version of the Note 3 at Best Buy has this... same as for the S4
    Is there a way to change this setting as I think this is kind of obnoxious when you are in a darkened setting having this 6" white screen blaring out at you when you are just making a call. Even with the screen turned down it doesn't help much.
    Thanks

Default Re: White background on the Contacts & Phone application... can this be changed?

As of now it can't be changed. Maybe custom roms will address this in the future

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: White background on the Contacts & Phone application... can this be changed?

Try Rocket Dialer from playstore.

Beamed from my Galaxy Note 3

This thread is relevant to my interests

I'd love to change the look of the dialer... maybe I'll try that Rocket Dialer.

Accessibility, Vision, Negative Colors?

Sorry - Guess that affects everything.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I have learned that the dialer & contact color ( white or black ) is carrier specific. Verizion is white & AT&T is black... and cannot be changed.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I installed another app similar... but calls still come in with the default dialer, etc. Do I have to deactivate / disable the default... I see no option for that

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

I'd like to get rif of it too... Man that white is flippin bright at night!