Screen Shot

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
There's also palm motion (needs to be turned on) that works by sliding hand from right to left side of screen.

Posted via Android Central App

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Wave the site of your hand over the screen from left to right. I saw it on the YouTubes.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The swipe method or power+home aren't working for me. Swipe method worked great on my S3 and Note 2. Confirmed that I have the Palm setting enabled, although for Verizon phones looks like the setting is in a different spot than the official Samsung guide.

Pressing power+home invokes My Magazine, which I don't want. Swipe method just rotates through the various home screens. Even tried different locations across the phone in case the swipe motion wasn't triggering a sensor.

Any other settings that should be enabled or disabled for the swipe to work?
How do I take Screenshots on my Samsung Galaxy Note? 3? : Verizon Wireless Cell Phones | Samsung

Edit: got the home+power to work. Just took a few misses. Think my case is making it a bit more complicated and error prone.

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Verizon Note 3. Stock. Neo Hybrid case. Power + Home taking screenshots no issues. Press and hold for a second. Screen will flash white border and then image saved notification pops up.

Swipe method works fine also and the setting is in the Settings > Motions and Gestures menu. It's not a palm wave....you have to use the entire side of your hand and swipe the screen:

"You can now capture a screenshot by touching the screen with the side of your hand and swiping across from left to right or vice versa." - per Samsung

Stupid gesture....better off using the buttons or you run risk of switching screens or even zooming one if in browser. Typical Samsung worthless gimmick, just like remote play.

Beantown Bashers

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Palm swipe, Gimmick?

works for me.

Rather convenient if that's what you refer to as a gimmick.

Taking pictures, listening to music surfing the internet where all considered gimmicks.

Give me more gimmicks! :)

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty