Note 3 won't recognize charger that came with it.

dragonbait205

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
3 days ago I plugged my note 3 into the same charger I always do, the one that came with the phone. I get a notification that charging is slow because I am plugged into a different charger and to plug in the charger that came with device. I AM plugged into said charger! I had it plugged in overnight and only received half charge. I tried plugging mine into my husband's charger. That one worked for a day then started doing the same thing. Any help???

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
3 days ago I plugged my note 3 into the same charger I always do, the one that came with the phone. I get a notification that charging is slow because I am plugged into a different charger and to plug in the charger that came with device. I AM plugged into said charger! I had it plugged in overnight and only received half charge. I tried plugging mine into my husband's charger. That one worked for a day then started doing the same thing. Any help???

Posted via Android Central App
Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried another outlet? Also, reboot the Note 3 and see if that provides any better results. If still no improvement I would suggest talking to Verizon about the issue and inquire about a replacement.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree with magnus. This may be a faulty MicroUSB port, since other chargers are doing the same thing.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem. Tried my wife's charger and then it went away. It resurfaced the other night again. So checked the charger and the USB end wasn't seated properly into the charger. Also make sure that you have the prongs fully seated into your outlet.

Over time. The contacts inside of an outlet will become loose and your plug will only work at times. I've changed out many outlets here at home and elsewhere due to this provoked. Which also might be starting this issue for you. It may be time for an outlet replacement. I'm just sharing some possibilities

53N7 FR0M M4 N073-3 V1A 7A9A7A7K

Imarik81

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I had this same issue and all the Verizon guy did was pinch the metal tip to where the pins would get pressed on harder once the male part goes in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I had this same issue and all the Verizon guy did was pinch the metal tip to where the pins would get pressed on harder once the male part goes in.

Lol he patched the problem. That's a sign of the outlet contacts being worn.

53N7 FR0M M4 N073-3 V1A 7A9A7A7K

Imarik81

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Worn on a brand new device and charger? More like manufacturers defect...nevertheless it works now.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty