Came from LG G2

patrick1229

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Well well.

My G2, (which I loved) somehow wound up with a broken screen. I dont know how honestly, but needless to say I found myself utilizing the asurion insurance I pay monthly for.

Long story short, asurion did not have a G2 in stock. Since I am in emergency services (ff emt) and need a phone at all times they agreed to send me a note 3.

I just wanted to post my initial thoughts and impressions.

This phone physically has a nicer feel to it. My G2 would get for lack of a better word, slimy.

The display on the G2 definitely had better whites. They look slightly dingier on my note by comparison. The colors and black levels are more vivid on the note. Its too close to tell which I prefer and both are awesome.

Not having knock on stinks, but im getting used to it. Also the back button being on the right side of the home button is pretty annoying. Getting used to it though.

Headphone volume is quite a bit louder on the note, as well as the notes speaker.

Performance real world is very similar. No lag on either device.

The TouchWiz ui seems more refined than the LG skin. Definitely with a focus on being productive. S pen is truly awesome, and I use it all the time.

The G2 took better pics, but the note snaps them faster. The video is better on the G2 for me. 60 fps @ 1080 with the ois was awesome. Vids of my kids came out fantastic.

So far battery life for me is better on the note. Very good on both phones, but its just hard to kill the notes battery.

I think as time goes on, and as I get used to this device more it will grow on me. It already is, and in my short time i prefer it already.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I want to comment on is the video part. Have you tried to set the video to 1080 and smooth motion, let alone 4k??

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the N3! I had an LG G2 before my N3 also. It's a great phone but the knock on feature drove me nuts leading me to the note.

sent from tapatalk....probably while pooping.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
In settings there is a place to chose how you would like to see images displayed...as movie, dynamic,sports etc. If you chose dynamic you get a great bright white and color contrast with extra sharp image.

That would at least help one of the things that doesn't seem as good as LG.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
In settings there is a place to chose how you would like to see images displayed...as movie, dynamic,sports etc. If you chose dynamic you get a great bright white and color contrast with extra sharp image.

That would at least help one of the things that doesn't seem as good as LG.

They are different screen technologies. IPS LCD will show brighter whites and get brighter in general, than an AMOLED screen.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried the LG G2 for about a week and returned it for the Note 3. The LG was a very good phone, but I prefer the Note 3. I find the Note 3 camera to be better than the. LG G2 More detailed and more accurate colors. The audio quality on videos is horrible on the G2, the audio on the note 3 is awesome.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations on being able to switch to the Note3. I cane from the Note2 and some say there isn't much different. It is very different. Love this device. Best ever!

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress