voice mail notification indicator?

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know of a way to get voice mail notifications on an icon?

When a new email comes in, a numeric indicator shows up next to the email icon indicating how many non-read emails you have. Anyone know of a way to get the same thing for voice mails?

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know of a way to get voice mail notifications on an icon?

When a new email comes in, a numeric indicator shows up next to the email icon indicating how many non-read emails you have. Anyone know of a way to get the same thing for voice mails?

For mine it shows how many voicemails I have which I have not yet listened to. Here is a screen shot so you can see. The only thing that I can think of that might make a difference (it may not, I'm unsure) is that I have Verizon's visual voicemail.

Hopefully there is an easy solve to your question.

Sarks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
For mine it shows how many voicemails I have which I have not yet listened to. Here is a screen shot so you can see. The only thing that I can think of that might make a difference (it may not, I'm unsure) is that I have Verizon's visual voicemail.

Hopefully there is an easy solve to your question.

Sarks.

Forgot the screenshot!

Attachments

• 1398487491767.jpg
    1398487491767.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 28

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I get notifications for missed calls, email, etc., but not for voice mail. I just called my cell and left a VM - as you can see below, I have a missed call, but no voice mail indication in the icon, although the "notifications" area does show a new voice mail.

Screenshot.jpg

I'm using Nova Launcher - I wonder if that's causing the issue?

bert

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
In that case, I'm wondering whether it will display.. Can't remember other than in the notification panel. Just added visual vm so can't tell without. (was it the before nova? Or, go back to TouchWiz and leave yourself a few vms and see?)

Posted via Android Central App

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I get notifications for missed calls, email, etc., but not for voice mail. I just called my cell and left a VM - as you can see below, I have a missed call, but no voice mail indication in the icon, although the "notifications" area does show a new voice mail.

View attachment 114906

I'm using Nova Launcher - I wonder if that's causing the issue?

bert

One other thing. Do you have data turned off? When I have my data turned off (just using wifi) a lot of the time I don't get a notification of a voicemail on the app until after I turn my data back on.

Other than that I'm clueless - sorry. I don't use a different launcher though there are many on here who use Nova so they should be able to help you better than I can.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, it appears that Telsa Unread doesn't support the voice mail notification, so, since I don't want to give up Nova Launcher, I'm stuck without a voicemail indicator.

thanks all.
bert

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Even if the launcher doesn't support it in the windows, it still should be in your notification bar, correct? (a function of 4g and Android)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95