Data Recovery on Note 3 possible?

berglie

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've spent the good part of an entire day now researching data recovery and the galaxy note 3. -- I think I've learned that there are websites setup just for the sole purpose of directing you to download and then pay for data recovery programs, none of which solve my problem.

FYI: Note 3 SM-N900V - Verizon
Android 4.4.2
not rooted

my phone began acting up and I did a factory reset on it, not realizing many of my photos were being stored on the internal storage as opposed to the removable SD card.

Im familiar with being able to run recovery programs on SD cards, removable storage, and even hard drives, so I figured it would not be a problem to run a program on the phone. However, when attached to a USB, my computer only recognizes the phone as a portable media device and will not assign it a drive letter.

After doing some research, I tried to enter developer mode and enabled USB debugging mode -- which some websites hinted that would solve the problem and my computer would recognize the phone as a drive, but still, no luck.

I even tried to root my phone using Kingo -- but that proved to fail after what appears to be because my OS updated to 4.2.2. on its own before I rooted and that apparently causes some issue with Kingo.- -- so it looks like I'm stuck on that path.

I then contacted Samsung, thinking I'd get help from someone who knew what they were doing, but my questions flew far above my customer service rep's head.

searching the net proves useless because it is so over saturated with spammy websites designed to get you to download and purchase recovery programs.... none of which work for the Note 3 given the fact that they need to be able to see a drive.

Does anyone have any idea of a work-around, and if there is any way I can try to recover the photos?

Thanks so much!
-James

berglie

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks -- it looks like a great program for recovery, but the problem is still the same.... when connecting the Note 3 to my PC, it will only appear as a "portable device" - and not as a drive --- all of the recovery programs will not let me scan a "portable device" for lost files, but they will only let me scan a drive letter.

Any thoughts?

philipbooth

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I think there are numerous software available in the market of which any Android data recovery software can help you in recovering the videos and pictures from your Samsung Galaxy tablet. It is nice program that rescues lost data from Samsung Galaxy internal memory card/SD card.

isaura81

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I' m having the exact same issue! All my pics in the default camera folder (other than the ones taken in the last 6 days) have dissappeared! The ones saved to my sd card are still there but all the pics in one phones international memory suddenly disappeared. I wonder if it has to do with the Kit Kat update I did last week? In the meantime until I can figure this out I have been told not to use my camera if I want to be able to recover them. Mother's day, Easter, my kids birthdays, a baptism, a First Communion....so many important pictures I must get back. I was told by a friend to try downloading ES File Explorer.....Have you tried this? I have not done it yet.....I am so afraid to do anything that might make it impossible for me to retrieve them only thing I can think of it may be hiring a geek squad member? good luck if you figure out a way please post it!

jdhenkin

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Same issue. I have installed the following recovery apps with no success: Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery, EaseUS MobiSaver and Remo Recover. Interestingly, EaseUS does "connect" and establishes a connection code/fingerprint so that Android recognizes the particular PC accessing. But, when it gets to the point of recovering files/scanning, it doesn't see Mass Storage as turned on - even tho through the developer options USB debugging is turned on. Anyone's help greatly appreciated.

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You might try Aidroid..You can put photos on pc I think that way(not sure if that's what you are looking for)As far as Root Have You tried Towel root?

Kwhaley19

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 3, model smn900v that upgrade to 5.0.1

I have pictures and voice recorder files that got deleted by mistake.

Is there a root for this version yet? or any other way to retrieve these files?

I have stopped using the phone so that I do not disturb or overwrite.

KW

I have a galaxy note 3

smn-900v with lollipop 5.0.1.

I desperately need to retrieve pictures and voice recordings.

will someone please help.

I will pay $

KW

Last edited by a moderator:

gottafixit

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever recover your photos? I have the same issue after a factory reset on my Samsung nite 3 and I need to recover pics/videos. Any feedback is appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress