Note 3 & keyboard lag

PoisonDarts8714

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
What is up with the keyboard locking up when receiving texts? It's momentary but ridiculous given the chipset this has. It's got to be the horrible TouchWiz keyboard..

Am I the only one with this issue? And...that said, any recommendations on a decent keyboard from the PlayStore? Is Swift key worth it?

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
What is up with the keyboard locking up when receiving texts? It's momentary but ridiculous given the chipset this has. It's got to be the horrible TouchWiz keyboard..

Am I the only one with this issue? And...that said, any recommendations on a decent keyboard from the PlayStore? Is Swift key worth it?

SwiftKey is a great keyboard. Will it help with the lag issues? It should, if the lag is keyboard rather than the messaging app pop-up. Either way, give it, or any other keyboard replacement app, a try and let us know how it goes.

B3t0

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have SwiftKey on my Note 3 and it Stared lagging some weeks ago. I'm got here looking for a solución a out this issue cause SwiftKey is a Great keyboard but it lags in some ocations not always.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have SwiftKey on my Note 3 and it Stared lagging some weeks ago. I'm got here looking for a solución a out this issue cause SwiftKey is a Great keyboard but it lags in some ocations not always.

Have you installed the latest Swiftkey update? It was supposed to address the lag issue.

PoisonDarts8714

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
For what it's worth, my solution to this 'lag' actually was SwiftKey. Wiping my cache etc never fixed it. The Google keyboard was good but I missed the top layer of numbers from the stock Samsung kb. At any rate, the last SwiftKey update fixed my lag issue.

B3t0

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes Its Running the Last version . I have automatic update on this App but double check it. I Still get the issue. I can see that Its on whatsapp and bbm when i get this issue the most .

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87