Is my Verizon Note 3 dead or...?

ihateme2

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
My phone worked perfectly with no issue since I have had it. Did a factory reset at noon today "was giving it to my wife to use", it got to the point where you pick a new language and I shut it back down. Pulled SD card and Sim card, went to turn it back on and no go.
It wont turn on. I plug it in to charge and nothing, no charging light. Kinda pissed..

Anyone have any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Note 3 dead or?

Welcome to Android Central! How long did you hold the Power button down for? Make sure you keep it down for at least 10 seconds or so. Also consider trying a new or different battery.

ihateme2

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Thank you.

I held the power down for well over 10 secs. Dont have another battery on hand and the verizon store was being a pain in the *** when I was there with it. I asked to borrow one while I was there but they are not to blame. I just dont see how the phone could just go dead from being factory reset. It was on the pick a langauge screen and I shut it down. Pulled MicroSD and Sim, and now no go, wont charge wont turn one, nothing.. very irritating. lol I'm not sure if I should throw any money at it and buy a battery esp since the one I have when I turned it off was over 50%.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

Try putting the sim card back in and see if it will work...Plug it in and try and charge it. Don't know but verizon should be able to help...seems odd they weren't helpful.

ihateme2

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Got it handled. The verizon store was useless, but called Tech support instead and they are replacing it for free since I have the extended warranty. New phone morrow. yay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress