Trouble Charging

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So for about a week now, my phone has struggled to charge. Usually I have it off, and we I plug it in, it starts to charge. Then usually after about 30 seconds it just stops and doesn't charge anymore. I tinker with it, usually just by hitting the home button it'll start back up...then stop after a little bit.

I turn the phone on, and it'll do the same, just stop, but even when charging, it's very very slow. I just had it for a hour charging (somehow got it to keep charging) and it didn't go up a single percent.

When the phone is on, I have been getting a message that says, use the original charger for faster charger, the problem is, it is the original charger. I'm going to buy a new wall charger to see if that is the issue, but wanted to see what you guys thought, if it is the charger, or the phone

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Let us know how everything goes.

Still had trouble charging, but I was able to get it to charge the whole night. I'm wondering if the port is damaged, I was looking at it, and it didn't look like it would go in all the way. Because if the cord got even touched, it would quit charging. I am going to buy another charge to see if it does the same.

I still have a whole year left on contract, so I was thinking of just buying like a used HTC M8 (I almost bought instead of the N3) and use it for a bit until my contract is up then either wait til N5 or just get the N4 when cheaper

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going to bring it into the store today just to see if they can look at the phone and be able to tell if it's something in that.

If it is, I may just buy a phone off of swappa to hold me over til my contract is up

I havne't bought a new charger yet, but when I'm looking at it, it doesn't look like it fits in right. I have dropped it a few times (i had a heavy duty case on it), so that could be a reason, but it didn't start doing this right after a drop

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So update from Sunday

I had a chat session with someone from Samsung, he said it was the port issue and I would need to send in my phone to get it repaired. It is under warranty but I would basically be without a phone. I kept asking him if he's sure there's no chance it's just the USB cord, but he kept insisting. Really didn't want to do that, but I agreed to email me a shipping label. I then took it to a verizon store right next to me that's new. I didn't realize it was just a small retail store, and it was worthless almost. But the guy did tell me I should call Samsung, and they should be able to send me a phone before I have to send mine in.

So I called them, and the guy basically just said, it's the cord. I told him what the chat guy was saying, and he said, it's the cord. So they're going to send me a new USB cable

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Everytime I've had a charging issue...it was the cord. They wallow out after time. I have ..very gently.. squeezed the end of the cord plug together and gotten a little more milage out of it...but it was a short lived fix. Get a new cable.