update today??

PoisonDarts8714

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I saw a notification for it..didnt download. going to put it off as long as possible as 4.4.4 (NJ6) is running great. Never had signal problems with this phone so I've never really noticed a change in signal strength with any release.

For the worst changelog you've ever seen in your life see this.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...efits-galaxy-note-3-1-7-15.pdf&token=ZwOTUheQ

Doesn't look like this is the HD VOLTE update we were expecting though..

Posted via the Android Central App

PoisonDarts8714

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Would you mind going into settings then about and telling me what the last three characters of your baseband are?

sdhakko

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
After a day of use the battery life seems to be much better. Signal strength is still weak, but battery no longer drops by 10% in an hour or less.

dc5_k20z1

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I saw a notification for it..didnt download. going to put it off as long as possible as 4.4.4 (NJ6) is running great. Never had signal problems with this phone so I've never really noticed a change in signal strength with any release.

For the worst changelog you've ever seen in your life see this.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...efits-galaxy-note-3-1-7-15.pdf&token=exuW4ayf

Doesn't look like this is the HD VOLTE update we were expecting though..

Seriously, whoever does their support updates needs to be fired. The VVRUDNJ6 update listed what it fixed but still had the previous nc4 build listed. Now we get a new update, but it has the VVRUDNJ6 fixes and listed as build VVRUDNK1. Is it really that hard to list proper builds and their fixes??? They might need to bust out some drug test forms, get this hard working individual some time off!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My mate just tried the update and it gave her a notice that says "you have incorrectly attempted to unlock the phone 14 times. The phone will now be reset to factory defaults." She never tried to unlock the phone at all, much less miss enter the lock code. I didn't even think the Note 3 had such a BS "security" function and was a major reason she got that over the M8 (we have young kids).

To top it off, it also wiped the micro SD card. Even tried it in another device and everything was gone. I'm going to try some data recovery software, but thanks yet again Verizon. They can't seem to ever update a phone of ours without some major fubar issue.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Needless to say I can't wait for the Note 5...and that %50 off you current bill advertisement with Sprint is looking more enticing every time I get my Verizon bill........

PoisonDarts8714

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
...it has the VVRUDNJ6 fixes and listed as build VVRUDNK1. Is it really that hard to list proper builds and their fixes??? They might need to bust out some drug test forms, get this hard working individual some time off!

I noticed that too! Wish I could've freezed the update APK. It did it without asking last night. Wish I had rooted when I had the opportunity on NC4. I saw lots of posts about better battery life. Disagree. I was getting 6 hours screen time before. It's certainly not worse but any difference is negligible & that changelog is pathetic.

fritomisto

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Should I unmount SD card before upgrade?

I have been postponing the updating that is staring me in the face on my Note 3, remembering from my S4 that users were warned by others to unmounts and remove the sd card before updating so that your card wouldn't get corrupted by accident. Is the same warning applicable to this update? Does Kitkat 4.4.4. require a card to be present to do anything?

As for not doing the update, the material I read on Verizon's download called this a mandatory update. That sounds like it will keep popping up time and time again if its not done, no?

Advice is definitely welcome on all counts. SD card in or out, update yes or no.
Thanks.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Should I unmount SD card before upgrade?

Advice is definitely welcome on all counts. SD card in or out, update yes or no.
Thanks.

Based on my experience posted above, I'd say take the SD card out. According to what Poison Darts said, it may install itself without letting you decline at some point.

dc5_k20z1

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Needless to say I can't wait for the Note 5...and that %50 off you current bill advertisement with Sprint is looking more enticing every time I get my Verizon bill........

Yea it does, I looked into that sprint deal a bit....the half off is awesome, but if you ever upgrade your phone, you then start paying their regular prices, so it goes up :/