Galaxy Note 3 Verizon: Lollipop Update

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to remove the "Verizon Wireless" from the top left corner on the lock screen?
I don't have it on mine. I put lock screen wallpaper on it, no VZW logo and don't think it was there before the wallpaper addition. Maybe try a wallpaper?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't have it on mine. I put lock screen wallpaper on it, no VZW logo and don't think it was there before the wallpaper addition. Maybe try a wallpaper?

This only started with Lollipop, so are you sure you're on Lollipop? If so, do you get email and text notifications in its place? I use a live wallpaper on my TMO Note 3 lock screen and still have the carrier name and no notifications.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Someone will have posted this link somewhere I'm sure, but as I was reading the T-Mobile version of this article (I had saved from another poster - Dog5000) I saw they had this newer Verizon version, so I thought I would post it anyhoo.
Bit late but it might help even one user.

Me - I am in London so I'm not on either.

I think I am due soon.
(Lollipop, I'm not a pregnant guy)

It's sweeping from country to country every day on Sammobile.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/04/15/verizon-galaxy-note-3-lollipop-update/

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This only started with Lollipop, so are you sure you're on Lollipop? If so, do you get email and text notifications in its place? I use a live wallpaper on my TMO Note 3 lock screen and still have the carrier name and no notifications.
My mistake it is there but obviously not intrusive for me. Apologies.

skygirl

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't find Priority Mode in this new version. All on line articles say it should be in the Sound & Notification settings, but when I go there the "Interruptions" option is not there. The notifications are popping up all night over my Night Clock app and lighting up the room. Anybody find this setting yet?

bitzyme

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
^ Oh, oddly enough, no problems when the phone is charging.
I'm in a cold climate. When the phone is charging, the battery warms up the screen.
How cold your phone is actually affect Screen Touch Sensitivity. Under phone settings, try increasing touch sensitivity.
Might help a little bit.

Lollipop 5.0 has Tooooooooo many bugs. Fervently Wish I had not upgraded.

Shootme

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
So far with the update i do like that fact, that if am playing a game on my phone and i get a text i get a pop up that allows me to reply to that text with out exiting the game that is one of the pluses i see, the colors just taken time to get use too, seems normal now , if you see it as a new phone, but there could be things that it offers that i just dont know of yet that i havent stumbled on too,

SweetWater56

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I can't find Priority Mode in this new version. All on line articles say it should be in the Sound & Notification settings, but when I go there the "Interruptions" option is not there. The notifications are popping up all night over my Night Clock app and lighting up the room. Anybody find this setting yet?

Nope. Verizon probably left it out.

Posted via the Android Central App

SweetWater56

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
3 battery pulls just today bc my screen froze. I always thought updates got better with time instead of worse. Wth.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but to the people upset about the lockscreen timeout being too fast, turn off power saving mode. I've noticed that the lockscreen stays on much longer when not on power saving mode.

carl4tide

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else's signal significantly worse? My phone is constantly dropping to 1X now and it never comes back to 3G or 4G without enabling/disabling airplane mode. I factory reset after the update. My signal didn't used to be good on KitKat but it would at least stay in 3G at the worst.
Yes, my service has been definitely affected. I have been forced to loop airplane mode also numerous times thru the day.

kctony

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but to the people upset about the lockscreen timeout being too fast, turn off power saving mode. I've noticed that the lockscreen stays on much longer when not on power saving mode.

Definitely timing out too quick! Major flaw I hope gets fixed soon.

Its actually harder than it appears. I make it look easy.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine takes plenty of time to time out and once I hit a single number on the pad it turns back on even if it has started to dim. I do not use power save mode. I did clear system cache.

SweetWater56

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Off subject but with the Note 3 being as big as it is why didn't they make it so you can use it in landscape/horizontally? I never got that.

christobal

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but the lock/home screen not rotating sure is a pain when it's mounted in my car. It distracts me more than it should while behind the wheel. All my previous Droids' lock/home screens rotated.

SweetWater56

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, but the lock/home screen not rotating sure is a pain when it's mounted in my car. It distracts me more than it should while behind the wheel. All my previous Droids' lock/home screens rotated.

That's exactly what I meant. It's annoying.