Best off-contract price?

isi44

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, so I've been looking around and it seems Verizon's $650 is the best price around.

Any chance this price will be lower a few weeks after release or is that as good as it's going to get for awhile?

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, so I've been looking around and it seems Verizon's $650 is the best price around.

Any chance this price will be lower a few weeks after release or is that as good as it's going to get for awhile?

You might have a few people selling them locally on Craigslist for $550 or so within 3-4 weeks after release.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought they were going for $750 at best buy? I would buy it there too for reward zone points if it's $650.

Best Buy always jacks up their off contract pricing. Get them to price match the Verizon price if you really want to buy from them.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy always jacks up their off contract pricing. Get them to price match the Verizon price if you really want to buy from them.

They won't match the off contract cell phone prices. I tried with the Note 2 and even the store manager told me no.

I'm ready to cave in and order the 16GB. :(

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
They won't match the off contract cell phone prices. I tried with the Note 2 and even the store manager told me no.

I'm ready to cave in and order the 16GB. :(

That's weird....my BB store does it. I'd wait until the official announcement from Verizon and see what they say....ya never know.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
That's weird....my BB store does it. I'd wait until the official announcement from Verizon and see what they say....ya never know.

When will the official announcement from Verizon be? Do you seriously think Verizon will offer the S4 in a 32GB?
They only offered the Note 2 in 16GB :(

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
When will the official announcement from Verizon be? Do you seriously think Verizon will offer the S4 in a 32GB?
They only offered the Note 2 in 16GB :(

Time will tell, my friend. Verizon has something slated for the 22nd.....probably the announcement of the S4, releasing the 23rd.

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I thought they were going for $750 at best buy? I would buy it there too for reward zone points if it's $650.

When I went in I asked to make sure it was $650. They said yeah so I went with it. Now, if I stop in for any reason over the next few days I'm going to ask again to be sure.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I damn sure hope so!!
It could be the HTC ONE which I have studied but it does not have a removable battery and a very small battery to boot and no sd slot. It does have an FM radio though which I have absolutely no use. So I don't think I will be getting that as I am sure VZW will only peddle the 32gb version anyway. I even considered the MOTO RAZR MAXX HD which is 32gb internal with an sd slot that only goes up to 32gb it of course has a very large non removable battery. VZW has to come out with the S4 32gb. I have been looking at some S3 32gb but both are rooted and I don't want to buy a rooted phone.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I got mine off eBay for $489!! But seller lives in my state, so i had to pay taxes. :(

$525 not bad tho :)

So whadda do or who do you go to if you have problems with it when you get it? Verizon won't do anything but push you to Samsung.