Odds of Blocking Mode in 4.3 Update

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The two things I hate the most about this phone are things that Verizon screwed up and nothing that Samsung did.

1) The stupid Wi-Fi persistent notification. This phone can have a Wi-Fi quick toggle, why does it need a notification that just takes up unnecessary space in my notification shade? Completely pointless change by Verizon.

2) Removing Blocking Mode. Again, makes no sense. Is Verizon going to be mad when we miss phone calls because we didn't hear the phone, on purpose? They sure didn't care when iOS added in a similar ability.

Now with 4.3 on the Note 3, the persistent Wi-Fi notification is gone and the quick toggle is back and Blocking Mode is back. I'm hoping they do the same thing with the S4, but at this point I don't trust Verizon at all to do the right thing.

Just wondering some opinions of the masses.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Blocking mode is available with the newest Verizon firmware update for the S4. I don't think it shows up as a toggle but you can create a screen shortcut to the process using a shortcut app.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Blocking mode is available with the newest Verizon firmware update for the S4. I don't think it shows up as a toggle but you can create a screen shortcut to the process using a shortcut app.

Yeah, I know it's still in there somewhere. But in the Note it's a quick toggle and so is Wi-Fi. They also removed the completely useless persistent Wi-Fi notification. I'm just hoping they do the same thing when they update the S4 to 4.3.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I know it's still in there somewhere. But in the Note it's a quick toggle and so is Wi-Fi. They also removed the completely useless persistent Wi-Fi notification. I'm just hoping they do the same thing when they update the S4 to 4.3.

I hope so too. Some of the stuff Verizon does seems really dumb.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I hope so too. Some of the stuff Verizon does seems really dumb.

Yeah, it's completely pointless. Neither of those things make any sense whatsoever. And they're two of the things I hate the most about this phone. They're really the only issues I have. Which is sad that Verizon is the one to blame for that.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any insight into the new Verizon update and why my battery life has been deminished. I have done nothing except the update.
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.2.2

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Do you have any insight into the new Verizon update and why my battery life has been deminished. I have done nothing except the update.
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.2.2

Often with OTA updates data get corrupted and some background processes and/or apps don't run correctly which can drain the battery. Generally in these cases a factory reset will fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa