4.3 samsung apps store won't install

OverLordOfYou

May 31, 2010
Visit site
After installing 4.3 I can't get Samsung Apps to install. I know that on the previous version I have to scour the web until I found the right apk but this time I tried to install directly from the Samsung site as well as I tried 10 different other Apks. Did they block the side loading of this on the Verizon model?

By the way I'm stock rooted

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOLVED ----

NEW APK WILL ALLOW INSTALLATION

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/05/3...others-for-the-verizon-galaxy-s3/#more-109843

Last edited:

GS4 vzw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. android 4.3 For some reason I can't install the "Samsung apps" app. All I want is the Side Sync app

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember ever seeing the Samsung apps app on my Verizon S4 even before the 4.3 update. (And I certainly don't see it now.) I don't know if Samsung even has any useful apps, but I would like to know how to get Samsung apps on the phone so I can find out!

OverLordOfYou

May 31, 2010
Visit site
It allows you to download apps from Samsung and sometimes there's free apps because you have an s4 or Galaxy. CamCard pro version is free on there if you have an s4. Plus it let's you update Samsung apps and download the video editor for the s4.

GS4 vzw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Still no solution as of today... hours more put into it... what really makes me mad is that google play has a version of samsungs SideSync software but its for "Retail Mode Only" I really feel like Verizon and Samsung both have let me down big time.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
A further update: Just to see if one or two things since the 4.3 update could be improved, I did a battery pull this morning. After I restarted the phone, there was a notification that said, "Samsung Apps: Update available for 1 app." I tapped on the notification and ... nothing. Samsung Apps didn't appear, and no update of anything happened. There's still no Samsung Apps app in my Apps or in Application Manager. There is a Samsung Updates app in Application manager only, and its icon is the one that appeared in the notification. But no Samsung Apps as such anywhere. Weird. Yeah, GS4 vzw, probably a Verizon deal, though it seems like the only one who benefits is actually Google. Hmm.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
And once more: just now I got another notification from Samsung Apps that there is an update available for 1 app. Tap the notification, it clears, nothing happened. Samsung Updates is listed in the recently-used apps screen (long-pressing the Home key); I tap on that and go to the Home screen, and nothing happens. Dumb.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
New? That's dated 05.30.13.

For myself, I'd be happy to know some way to get Samsung Updater to quit telling me every day that there's an update to Samsung Applications, which then doesn't do anything.

BConATL

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

Thank you, it worked!!

I tried to download the apk from that very same page on my S4 several weeks ago and it didn't work. They must have updated something because it works now.

FYI - Here's the link that you need to open in your mobile browser that will take you to the Samsung web page where you can download and install Samsung Apps. (Edit - As JAOTEAY mentions in the next post, open in your stock "Internet" browser.)

http://content.samsung.com/mobile/us/contents/aboutn/appsMobileIntro.do

Cheers.

Last edited:

JAOTEAY

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, it worked!!

I tried to download the apk from that very same page on my S4 several weeks ago and it didn't work. They must have updated something because it works now.

FYI - Here's the link that you need to open in your mobile browser that will take you to the Samsung web page where you can download and install Samsung Apps...

Samsung Content & Services | About Us

Cheers.

I just wanted to add in that you must use the default browser - Called "Internet." Spent an hour on this... It doesn't work with Google Chrome for some reason.

Thank you to those that posted this information initially!

fakemoomoo

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to add in that you must use the default browser - Called "Internet." Spent an hour on this... It doesn't work with Google Chrome for some reason.

Thank you to those that posted this information initially!

Thank you all for the tips and help, it worked!!!

SpyglassSally

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
This worked for me too! Thanks so much - this was driving me crazy! I had the update icon but when I pressed it, nothing happened. It would just disappear, only to reappear when I rebooted.