Exchange sync not getting all Inbox folders

BillClark22

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Recently upgraded from my Blackberry Bold 9650 to a Samsung Galaxy S4. Must say I'm liking the switch. I'm running into a problem when synching the Galaxy with my office Exchange account. Everything seems to work pretty well except I'm not seeing over 1/2 of my Inbox folders. I've tried tapping the "Show All Folders" button, and in the account settings even checking out the "Folder Sync Settings" but nothing seems to work. The folder list it does show doesn't make any sense. For example, it doesn't show the first 15 or so folders in alphabetical order, but shows a random selection that doesn't change. A few of the folders it does show have sub-folders and they appear like they should. I've tried renaming one of the folders that doesn't currently show and re-synching everything but that doesn't change anything. I really need to be able to view all my folders....help!

BillClark22

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Samsung replied to this issue when directed to them. Their response was "Unfortunately, the data stored in sub folders under email account cannot be synced. However, you can move content in folders to main folders and sync it." So my question is, is this legit? Does the Exchange ActiveSync in Android 4.3 NOT synch subfolders? Is this an Android 4.3 issue, and ActiveSync limitation...who/what is causing this lack of functionality? The suggestion of "move content in folders to main folders" is simply na?ve for enterprise users like myself. Can't believe that this is how it is all intended to function...