KitKat Update Issue: Message Notification

kallen1229

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have read through a lot of these forums, but I can't seem to find a solution to my problem.

I updated my Samsung Galaxy S4 to the KitKat 4.4.2 now I have a problem with receiving notifications for text messages. If I leave the conversation up, I do not get notifications if the phone is awake or in sleep mode (black screen). If I "remember" (which I am trying to, because this is so annoying to me), I close the conversation and then I do get the notification. I checked and rechecked all the settings, they are all checked for notification, and vibrate.

I am seriously looking into how to uninstall this update. I am NOT happy with it at all. I do not like the all-white notification panel. This text message thing is driving me crazy.

If you know how to fix this, please, please, please let me know. OR if you know how I go about uninstalling this update, I would take that info as well. I was happy with my old version and I love my phone. I am not a happy S4 user this past week.

Thanks!! Have a great day!!

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Oooooookay.... what messaging app are you using? Have you wiped your cache or done a factory reset since the update?

Posted via Android Central App

kallen1229

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Wow. Thanks! I use the stock message app and yes, I'm cleared cache and done a factory reset twice. Is there a way to just Uninstall this update???

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
On Verizon there is no simple or safe way to flash. I would recommend trying Google hangouts instead of the stock messaging app- that's what I use and it always displays the messages recieved, even if I lock the screen in hangouts. The program should be pre installed and it'll show you how to set it as default. Personally I prefer it to the Samsung messaging application.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38