- 2 Posts
Kitkat Update Question
My son has a rooted S4 that is stock pre-Kitkat. I think it is the last revision 4.3. He really doesn't want the update because he doesn't want to lose root/redo/monkey with it, but he is getting annoyed by the constant update software screen.
He has some apps frozen with Titanium, but nothing is uninstalled. What I am wondering is "if he accepts the update while having a few frozen apps, will the update fail and the install nag screen go away forever". This happened on an older rooted LG phone I had. He really just wants the nag screen to go away and leave him alone. Thanks in advance.
- 06-02-2014, 05:56 PM #2
Re: Kitkat Update Question
SInce he has already rooted, he probably won't be able to accept the OTA. If he does, it probably won't flash (install) anyway. The next time he gets the notification for it, he can pull down the notification shade, long press on the update notification, and click the app info button that pops up. Uncheck 'Show Notifications' and he shouldn't see it anymore.
- By TucsonDave in forum Droid RAZR MReplies: 4Last Post: 06-13-2014, 08:49 PM
- By me10lee83 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 2Last Post: 06-11-2014, 05:37 PM
- By me10lee83 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 4Last Post: 06-10-2014, 05:43 PM
- By AKFL3TCH3R in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 2Last Post: 06-09-2014, 01:09 AM
- By the block in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 17Last Post: 06-04-2014, 05:56 PM