Outlook Exchange sub folders don't show!!!! HELP!!!!

robb373

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
after searching for 6 months and not finding a single reasonable answer I have finally resorted to signing up for the forum. My Corporate IT manager is even baffled as an android user….

When I first got my S4 in December, I instantly had all my outlook exchange sub folders…. however the phone quickly crapped out and stopped performing with 3 hour battery life and I got a replacement. Since then I can not get the subfolders in outlook to load. I KNOW about touching the (+) next to the arrow of the Inbox folder in the "folders" menu as this is how I got them on my last phone, but it does not work here as there is NO (+) unless I make a new folder from my phone, then one shows up. When I do make a NEW folder from my outlook on my phone, it will show and work perfectly even syncs right up to all my computers in seconds! However, when I try to duplicate a folder that is currently on my exchange under my inbox, it will tell me that that name is already in use and can not be used…..

I have resorted to carrying a laptop everywhere as my business is 24 hours and at this point am wondering why I have this brick of a phone when it does not do much more than my laptop.

I would really appreciate any insight into this. I can't seem to find anyone with the same issues.

I am currently using software 4.4.2 in stock form.

thanks
Robb

robb373

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I am sure you have tried removing and re adding account? also it may be drastic but you could do a factory reset.

I have done 3 factory resets with no luck. I have now resorted to adding a new folder with a different name for each of the near 100 sub folders I now have, then transfer all emails over to that folder, delete the old folder and rename the new folder as the old folder was. if I do 1 folder a day, I will be done inside of 6 months and will look forward to that.

thanks