I rooted my SCH 1545 running 4.4.2. Now I want to install Cyanogenmod 11.

ericksweatshirt

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I used towelroot.apk and installed Supersu. The installer app for CM11 doesnt recognize my device so I have flash custom recovery and install manually. Except I have no idea how...

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I used towelroot.apk and installed Supersu. The installer app for CM11 doesnt recognize my device so I have flash custom recovery and install manually. Except I have no idea how...
Unless you are on an MDK bootloader device you cannot flash CWM or any other AOSP rom. The bootloader on later builds is locked down tighter than Fort Knox so cannot flash a AOSP kernel . Nor can you install any custom recovery other than Safestrap. If you are on a safestrap compatible build then there are several nice touchwiz based ROMs you can flash.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My S4 has Safestrap & Hyperdrive.
Hyperdrive has a lot of nice tweaks (I really like the ability to change notification icon colors, but some of my usual apps are not working.
Namely; Automatelt, Equalizer and Blink.
Hands-free opens up two separate instances, when docked in the iBolt xPro nav dock and I can't figure how to make it stop.

Posted via Android Central App

twister8008

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
My S4 has Safestrap & Hyperdrive.
Hyperdrive has a lot of nice tweaks (I really like the ability to change notification icon colors, but some of my usual apps are not working.
Namely; Automatelt, Equalizer and Blink.
Hands-free opens up two separate instances, when docked in the iBolt xPro nav dock and I can't figure how to make it stop.

Posted via Android Central App

I installed safestrap on my phone and then installed hyperdrive. My phone was bricked. What kernel did you use? I hate this bloat ware.

mwnance

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
How can I tell if I am on a build compatible with safestrap? I have seen posts say that it can be M7 M1 but I can't find that anyplace on my phone?

I tried to install one version of safestrap..it gets to 90% then says success but when I try to restart safestrap does not kick in.

Verizon SCH-I545
Baseband i545VRUFNG6
Build KOT49H I545VRUFNG6

Android 4.4.2
Security MDF v1.0 Rel 3

Last edited: