What's the best $100 phone

naudan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

A friend of mine is looking to get his first smart phone on Verizon. He has a limited budget and refuses to spend anything more than $100. I told him to just get e nexus when it comes out but he will not spend 300 for a phone.

Anyway, I am trying to get everyone's opinions on the best phone for his monkey at this point. 4g doesn't really matter because we don't live in a supported area.

I was thinking the droid x2 but I'm not a fan of motorola.. Anyone have any other opinion? Any help would be great.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

A friend of mine is looking to get his first smart phone on Verizon. He has a limited budget and refuses to spend anything more than $100. I told him to just get e nexus when it comes out but he will not spend 300 for a phone.

Anyway, I am trying to get everyone's opinions on the best phone for his monkey at this point. 4g doesn't really matter because we don't live in a supported area.

I was thinking the droid x2 but I'm not a fan of motorola.. Anyone have any other opinion? Any help would be great.

Droid X2 and DInc 2 are both great phones and can usually be found under a hundred dollars. Sometimes you can get the Stratosphere for that price (try an indirect retailer). Avoid the Breakout it's junk.

You may not live in a supported areas but odds are you will within less than a year. Verizon has been going gangbusters deploying their LTE network. We are getting it about two months earlier than originally expected.

fightfan

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree with VZWRocks. I'm a big fan of the HTC Droid Incredible 2, currently free at Radio Shack until Nov 23. I currently have the original Incredible, and I think the 4.0 screen of the Dinc2 would be perfect, not too small, but not too big in a pocket. If I had to use a manufacturer's skin, HTC's Sense is my favorite by far. If your friend needs to have a physical keyboard, Samsung's Stratosphere is also currently free at Radio Shack.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The Droid Incredible is one of mu favorite Android phones of all time. I still have mine and dig it out and mess with it for old times sake or to help a user on here. I would have bought the DInc2 in a heartbeat if I hadnt already gotten a Thunderbolt. Sense makes Android a much more solid user experience, especially if you are into social networking.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
the droid razr is only $0.01 at amazon wireless right now

cant beat a 300 dollar phone for a penny

Yep, you just need to add a line; just make sure to read the Amazonwireless terms and conditions first (they have their own) before moving it to a different line or changing the plan.

And to think I was seriously considering a full retail purchase lol