Question regarding my Family plan contract (I want to leave)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Just remember when you leave your first bill will be very expensive. Activation fees on every line. Cost of phones etc. You can GET the old plan up to the 27th. Guess they take place on the 28th.
Let me prevace by saying I am not happy either but you get what you pay for. I sold wireless for about 5 years. I sold multi carriers. Sprint customer service is horrible. They are not easy dealing with.
Do what's best for you. Check them out. Don't rush into it. Like a bad marriage....costly.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
As a line goes off contract and goes month to month you can do whatever you want with it. I.E. Keep it on Verizon or take the number elsewhere. One of the remaining lines will become the primary.

You may be able to downgrade your service as well and get a cheaper plan until you leave.

this is what i wanted to know, thank you.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just remember when you leave your first bill will be very expensive. Activation fees on every line. Cost of phones etc. You can GET the old plan up to the 27th. Guess they take place on the 28th.
Let me prevace by saying I am not happy either but you get what you pay for. I sold wireless for about 5 years. I sold multi carriers. Sprint customer service is horrible. They are not easy dealing with.
Do what's best for you. Check them out. Don't rush into it. Like a bad marriage....costly.

Thanks for the heads up.

I did a worst case senario if i switch to Sprint and the cost would be for 5 $200phones come out to 1200 dollar plus first months 250dollar bill.

As for Sprint, my Bro in law got Sprint and i never heard a complaint form him, but we live in NYC so it should be good. I doubt itll be good elsewhere though.

Although i hear alot of bad things about ATT in NYC.

pamsegel

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I will not leave in one big swoop but as the phones go off contract we will probably drop them. My husband asked me the other day why we are paying Charter for wifi at the house and Verizon for really the same thing. An offer of a new tablet to let it go was tempting. Even more now
Prepay is looking pretty sweet now.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
So, todays news is the last straw.

This is my situation.

I have 5 lines
All basic phones.

-2 of the lines are still on contract for another year.
-The other 3 are off. The MAIN line is one of those 3.

Now my question is, can i switch the main line to one of the lines that are still on contract, and have the 3 off contract lines leave? Leaving only the remaining 2 phones on verizon?

Or is the main line stuck till every other line is off contract?

I don't understand why everyone is so confused.

First of all, you have to understand that the new Share Everything plan is only an OPTION. No one will be forced to it, you only will be changed to it if you request it. All of Verizon's currently available plans will still be available (individual, 700 shared, 1400 shared, etc) after June 28th. The only thing is if you're on unlimited data and you upgrade after June 28th then you will lose your unlimited data and be moved to tiered data ($30 for 2GB, $50 for 5GB, etc).

Again, Share Everything is ONLY AN OPTION not mandatory. All current plans will still be available.

Reactions: Ry

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

First of all, you have to understand that the new Share Everything plan is only an OPTION. No one will be forced to it, you only will be changed to it if you request it. All of Verizon's currently available plans will still be available (individual, 700 shared, 1400 shared, etc) after June 28th. The only thing is if you're on unlimited data and you upgrade after June 28th then you will lose your unlimited data and be moved to tiered data ($30 for 2GB, $50 for 5GB, etc).

Again, Share Everything is ONLY AN OPTION not mandatory. All current plans will still be available.

So if I had my wife get a smart phone on our plan they would not force me into a shared data plan? They would allow multiple individual users on one account?

If I missed something in vzw press release please link what I missed so I. An understand better.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So if I had my wife get a smart phone on our plan they would not force me into a shared data plan? They would allow multiple individual users on one account?

If I missed something in vzw press release please link what I missed so I. An understand better.

See bottom of this page (directly from Verizon): Share Everything Plan: Unlimited Talk & Text with Shared Data.

"? I am a current Verizon Wireless customer, do I have to change my plan to a Share Everything Plan?

While you're not required to change to a Share Everything Plan you may want to check out the benefits of new plans. If you decide to change to a Share Everything Plan, you can do so without a fee or having to extend your contract term. To find out which plan may work for you visit https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ort/more-everything-plan-faqs/&token=ILNlrESY

? I have an unlimited data plan on my account. Do I need to change it?

You're not required to move to Share Everything but if you do, unlimited data will not be retained on your line. As a Verizon Wireless customer you have choices when you upgrade at discounted pricing. You can choose from a standalone data package starting at $30 for 2GB or a Share Everything Plan. If keeping unlimited is important to you, you can choose to upgrade and pay full retail price for the phone."

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site

That's what I thought since I didn't see anything to the contrary in the press releases. However, the USA Today published an article yesterday saying otherwise. Additionally, they published a Q&A at Q and A: Verizon's new data plans which clearly states in the first answer that on June 28, new customers will only be offered Share Everything plans.

This is the future of Verizon Wireless. Say what you want, but this took balls. This is an entire shake-up of the entire pricing structure in wireless in the U.S. I'm sure AT&T execs all had a party yesterday to celebrate Verizon breaking the ice with this. Plan on them next.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought since I didn't see anything to the contrary in the press releases. However, the USA Today published an article yesterday saying otherwise. Additionally, they published a Q&A at Q and A: Verizon's new data plans which clearly states in the first answer that on June 28, new customers will only be offered Share Everything plans.

This is the future of Verizon Wireless. Say what you want, but this took balls. This is an entire shake-up of the entire pricing structure in wireless in the U.S. I'm sure AT&T execs all had a party yesterday to celebrate Verizon breaking the ice with this. Plan on them next.

Ty posted a link from vzw website that says you do not have to upgrade out of your current plan if you pay full retail price for the phone.

I am willing to bet 3g people won't have this option but as it stands now as long as you do not have vzw subsidize the cost of your phone your plan stays put.

I would believe vzw over USA today at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty