[Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep (legacy) Unlimited Data on Verizon

Masx

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon: How to keep Unlimited Data and get phone on subsidized price

i took the plunge. i found this thread a couple weeks ago and got a sim cutter for my wife's droid bionic to use in a galaxy s4 i got for 95 cents plus tax. i ordered the phones n 8/25 got them on the 8/29 took out the sims phone came with and put the sims in from old phones been checking but see no changes from my unlimited data plan

Which place did you purchase from?

Brian Barr

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

I ordered them through best buy online and was nervious during it with warnings that I would lose my unlimited data plan but I didn't

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

I ordered them through best buy online and was nervious during it with warnings that I would lose my unlimited data plan but I didn't

How many warnings and what did it say? Something along the lines of "if you have an unlimited plan verizon no longer offers this. You will be switched to 2gb by default"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

italianopera

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

Hi Brian Barr,
Does the contract of UDP line get extended for 2 years and you still pay $29.99?
Thanks.

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Best Buy Mobile lets me keep Unlimited Data Plan on Verizon?

tried ordering on best buy for my UD line upgrade, it says "Only Available for Store Pickup" , any solutions?

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

tried ordering on best buy for my UD line upgrade, it says "Only Available for Store Pickup" , any solutions?

Not unless you can transfer the upgrade to another line unless someone else has an idea. Amazon maybe?

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

i only have one line

What phone are you trying to get btw? Unless others have an idea, a few have had success with amazon using such a loophole. Not sure if it happened after 8/24 though

aaronesq

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Keeping UDP - purchasing through Verizon?

So I've been keeping up with all the drama surrounding the new policy changes, Best Buy method, etc and I have a scenario I hope someone will shed light on. I am not doing the BB or Amazon method. Forgive me if I missed this already being discussed.

Line 1 - UDP w/upgrade
Line 2 - 6gig Max Plan w/upgrade
Line 3 - basic w/upgrade
Line 4 - basic - no upgrade

I want to buy a G3 through Verizon....how to do it? If I use line 2 upgrade, trash the sim and pop my udp sim in what will happen? Or if I activate it on line 2 and then switch it to my udp line (could I lose UDP for a 6gig plan?) Seems to me as long as the upgrade is on a tiered line and the $30.00/month data plan requirement is being satisfied I can transfer it anywhere - correct?

Hopefully someone has done this recently....thanks

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Keeping UDP - purchasing through Verizon?

So I've been keeping up with all the drama surrounding the new policy changes, Best Buy method, etc and I have a scenario I hope someone will shed light on. I am not doing the BB or Amazon method. Forgive me if I missed this already being discussed.

Line 1 - UDP w/upgrade
Line 2 - 6gig Max Plan w/upgrade
Line 3 - basic w/upgrade
Line 4 - basic - no upgrade

I want to buy a G3 through Verizon....how to do it? If I use line 2 upgrade, trash the sim and pop my udp sim in what will happen? Or if I activate it on line 2 and then switch it to my udp line (could I lose UDP for a 6gig plan?) Seems to me as long as the upgrade is on a tiered line and the $30.00/month data plan requirement is being satisfied I can transfer it anywhere - correct?

Hopefully someone has done this recently....thanks

As long as you're happy paying tiered data, they do not care which line you use for the G3. BTW, i had that phone, wasn't that great. Switched to the M8 and its much better...

walleyealx

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site

I've been sitting on my upgrade for over 2 years trying to save my UDP. If bestbuy would ship the G3 I would be all over this!

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

Not unless you can transfer the upgrade to another line unless someone else has an idea. Amazon maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk

Unfortunately, the solution is to choose a new device which BB shows available for shipping

Posted via the Android Central App

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site

I wish best buy would ship the G3, it's on sale now for$ 49.99

Sent from my VERIZON LG G2
Thanks for the info. I paid $58 after gift card, plus received a gift card. I'm having my price adjusted on the phone right now.
Previous cost after upgrade fee $43. New price, negative $11!

Brian Barr

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

their were a plethora of warnings stating if i had an unlimited data plan that i would lose it and you had to check a couple boxes that you knew you would lose it but i still have UDP

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

their were a plethora of warnings stating if i had an unlimited data plan that i would lose it and you had to check a couple boxes that you knew you would lose it but i still have UDP

When does your billing cycle end?

Brian Barr

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

yes i just checked it and
Contract End Date: 08/26/2016
i can't seem t find where price for data is but it must be the same cause their is no change with monthly price

ademily87

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Figured I'd give this a shot since nobody specifically said whether or not they ordered and received their phone and kept their UDP. Just ordered the Galaxy Note 3 for $99 at best buy.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Last edited:

kil187

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Figured I'd give this a shot since nobody specifically said whether or not they ordered and received their phone and kept their UDP. Just ordered the Galaxy Note 3 for $99 at best buy.

I'll keep you guys updated.

[url]http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww334/NavyGuy87/PicsArt_1409533174710_zps28is8end.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww334/NavyGuy87/Screenshot_2014-08-31-20-44-47_zps3arfxdy9.png[/URL]
[url]http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww334/NavyGuy87/PicsArt_1409534184748_zpsmkevkxzz.jpg[/URL]

Actually there are a couple of folks in this and other threads that have had success recently, mine as recently as last week and this week, I have also posted my results with a GS5 and kept my UDP so far....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87