Looking for a way to get a different phone without paying full price

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The note 2 is a good phone its great if you can use it two hands all the time, one handed operation sucks. The only thing i dont like about the phone is the lag and slow from pressing the unlock button to the screen turning on.

With the flygrip, I can touch every corner of my note 2 with one hand. I don't use one handed operation that much, and obviously it isn't as easy as smaller phones but it can be done

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Barry Test

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a question. In the future if I want to switch to a different phone, would the following steps work and not lose unlimited data?
-buy phone from swappa
-put my sim in the swappa phone
- activate it from myverizon by entering its IMEID
TIA

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a question. In the future if I want to switch to a different phone, would the following steps work and not lose unlimited data?
-buy phone from swappa
-put my sim in the swappa phone
- activate it from myverizon by entering its IMEID
TIA

Assuming that it is a 4GLTE phone, You don't need to activate the phone on my Verizon. Just swap sims

Barry Test

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks dpham. I now have a plan. Hopefully vz will not change their contact renewal policy. Your quick replies have cleared up questions I had.
Thanks,
Barry

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to get some input. I tried to do what was mentioned earlier in the thread and add a line to my single Nationwide line with unlimited data and then merge it to a nationwide family plan and that is not an option based on several online chats with reps. If I add a line, I can merge it but would have to keep it separate. If I try to add it to my account after I merge it into one bill they will make me convert to a share everything plan.

So basically, is that something anyone has actually accomplished or just telling people to try?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to get some input. I tried to do what was mentioned earlier in the thread and add a line to my single Nationwide line with unlimited data and then merge it to a nationwide family plan and that is not an option based on several online chats with reps. If I add a line, I can merge it but would have to keep it separate. If I try to add it to my account after I merge it into one bill they will make me convert to a share everything plan.

So basically, is that something anyone has actually accomplished or just telling people to try?

Verizon phone reps have told me you could merge to a standard family plan before. The online reps may only be telling you what's on their end (online) where phone reps have different options?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It is definitely possible to take a single Nationwide plan with unlimited data and add another line and change it to a Nationwide share plan, while retaining unlimited data. I've done it. Obviously, you'll need to do it over the phone. Nationwide single line customers are NOT required to go to share everything if they want to add anther line.

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
It is definitely possible to take a single Nationwide plan with unlimited data and add another line and change it to a Nationwide share plan, while retaining unlimited data. I've done it. Obviously, you'll need to do it over the phone. Nationwide single line customers are NOT required to go to share everything if they want to add anther line.

You're definitely right. Just did this, BUT it isn't really called the family share plan anymore. There is no primary or secondary line and such. He told me it is just considered one account that two lines use 700 minutes from and that my data will remain unlimited and the other phone will be tiered, of course. Was priced at $85 plus $9.99 for each line. Definitely seems a bit different from the old share plans and set up but in a sense the same. He called this an AOP plan and said that even he didn't know what verizon meant with that acronym.

This WILL work for us who have individual lines with unlimited data who need to go to a family share plan that is NOT a share everything plan.

Thanks for the help guys.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's actually called ALP not AOP and stands ACCOUNT LEVEL PRICING. Basically, when they had the Primary and Secondary line situation, the minute plan (700, 1400, etc) was built into the cost of the Primary line. This could cause issues if the primary line decided to suspend service, cancel, or go to a different provider because all the secondary lines would be charged for roaming minutes.

Account level pricing separates the charge from the minute plan from the primary line. It basically makes the former primary line into any other line on the account and it's activity will not affect any of the other lines on the account.

They made this change to ALP around the same time they got rid of the New Every Two discount for the primary line.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's actually called ALP not AOP and stands ACCOUNT LEVEL PRICING. Basically, when they had the Primary and Secondary line situation, the minute plan (700, 1400, etc) was built into the cost of the Primary line. This could cause issues if the primary line decided to suspend service, cancel, or go to a different provider because all the secondary lines would be charged for roaming minutes.

Account level pricing separates the charge from the minute plan from the primary line. It basically makes the former primary line into any other line on the account and it's activity will not affect any of the other lines on the account.

They made this change to ALP around the same time they got rid of the New Every Two discount for the primary line.

I pay $40 account access charge, and $10 per line line access charge, and $30 per line for unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE. If you have an employee discount, it only applies to the account access charge, and the line access charge and features like unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE for the primary line

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369615026285.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369615026285.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 16